California Fire Relief

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think pretty much any California shelter has been impacted by a fire in the past three years. California burns quiet a lot; it's not fourth of july unless the little hill by my house is on fire and there were four fires within ten miles of my house in the last three weeks (none of which made any major news network). We've also had two shelter evacuations due to fire near me in the past two weeks, there are a few horses still roaming around that were released during a fire that threatened some farm property's and my company had to evacuate one of our offices because of the firestorm a week ago.... and that references four different fires of varying sizes. Basically, there are a lot of california fires and a lot of areas impacted so while there probably is a donation somewhere your question is actually a little vague.

If there is a specific fire you are talking about you could search for that specific fires name and cat to see if you can find one for that specific fire.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know some others who might be able to give some detailed information as well. Thank you for caring and be willing to help the kitties. Every meal and place of lodging counts greatly.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Any suggestions of places in need?
catsknowme catsknowme Maybe you have heard something?
I have been in touch with people near the fires out there so I know everyone will be most grateful for any type of help. :heartshape:

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sweet of you to think about the kitties who are effected!!!

As noted by the wonderful members above- - all animal shelters/humane societies in the affected areas are WONDERFUL places to donate, as these fires are getting so much more frequent and voracious. Just about every shelter in those areas has been (and will likely keep being) tapped to help - - and most are in serious need of donations as they're stretched to the limit, taking in owned and unowned animals.

Other organizations, like those below (the one article is from Feb of 2019 - - but I read another article that I can't find at the moment that talked about things happening more recently), focus on disaster relief, and are good places to donate. Best Friends used to take donations during large disasters, while also sending people to help (like during Hurricane Katrina), but I couldn't find anything in my material on them that they're taking donations for the animals affected by the fire (I know I read recently they're trying to focus less on disaster relief and more on spay/neuter and adoption).

Disaster Relief - Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation

Camp Fire Update - February 2019

There's also a wonderful grass roots organization called "Kincade Fire Pet Rescue and Reunification" on Facebook that works to reunite animals found in the fires with their owners. It's an amazing group. I'm not sure if they take donations, but you could certainly look at their facebook page and send a note to them, asking what you could do to help from your location. A friend of mine actually utilized to find (successfully!) her cat they desperately searched for that had escaped their home in the panic of evacuation - there was a happy ending!

Had trouble making a link, but Sacramento SPCA took quite a few animals in, so take a look at their site!

Again - - - so wonderful of you to reach out beyond your own area! These fires are taking such a toll on residents and first responders, but so many people forget how animals - both wild and domestic - are also greatly affected.

Last edited: