Calico or Tortie?

kat-niss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! This is my first time using this site, and I was wondering if I could get some opinions from you guys.  After reading several articles and asking friends, family, and even the vet, we can't seem to come to an agreement as to whether my girl, Zeta, is a calico or a tortie.

The only white patches on her are those visible in the photo: each of her toes and the spot on her chest.  Some people have told me that the bits of white on her automatically make her calico, while others say she doesn't have enough white fur to put her in that category.  What do you guys think?  Thanks for any input!

(She does have a proper bed, I promise, but apparently she prefers the Walmart bag 
)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tortie, no doubt.  A very sweet one - medium hair I think, the tail rather bushy.

Once upon a time I too though calico was definied by white spots on a tortie.  But I was learned by knowleable forumists what is really decidive, is the color spots are well definied and easy to discriminate.  THAT makes them into calicos.

So your girl is a tortie.

Your luck I had just eaten breakfast, otherwise I would eat her up at once, without even salt nor sauce!   That sweet  nice and yummy she is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kat-niss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much!