Cable/internet sucks!!

catdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well.. totally unhappy with my cable and internet, for amount they charge which is more than any others, their service and quality sucks, their remote control needs a genius to figure it out!!! they recently change some of the formats on cable and it is a joke and makes it hard to do anything that is so simple.
i am thinking to go to uverse since my cell phone is with at&t and i am just wondering if anyone here has uverse and your experience with it.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No experience with Uverse. We switched from AT&T to comcast for everything just recently and have been fine with them so far
. AT&T kept raising their prices and the customer service was lousy. Would love to see if anyone has an opinion about Uverse....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

No experience with Uverse. We switched from AT&T to comcast for everything just recently and have been fine with them so far
. AT&T kept raising their prices and the customer service was lousy. Would love to see if anyone has an opinion about Uverse....
Uverse is AT&T!! Good to know thanks!!

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For me, cable/dish formatting is one of those things that once I'm accustomed to it, the others all look inferior. I have friends with U-Verse and from what I've seen thus far, the channels aren't color coded by subject, which was an immediate turn-off. I personally found their menus to be more convoluted than Comcast's, but again, once you're used to something...

However, if I could have a bundle of wires sit around and have conversations with me, I would get U-Verse in a second.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had U-Verse for one week tomorrow, and so far, I love it. The high speed internet is so much faster than the DSL.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can have U-verse internet without U-verse TV, which is what I currently have.

Whether from a cable company or from AT&T, fiber optic kicks BUTT. And U-verse is fiber optic. It blows copper cable or copper DSL out of the water.

U-verse comes with a wireless-G router for free as well since its part of the modem, which for most is good enough, but I use my own dual-band Wireless-N router... well, two of them actually, one on each wing of the house connected by a CAT6 cable through the roof so my wifi speeds are always crazy good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

You can have U-verse internet without U-verse TV, which is what I currently have.

Whether from a cable company or from AT&T, fiber optic kicks BUTT. And U-verse is fiber optic. It blows copper cable or copper DSL out of the water.

U-verse comes with a wireless-G router for free as well since its part of the modem, which for most is good enough, but I use my own dual-band Wireless-N router... well, two of them actually, one on each wing of the house connected by a CAT6 cable through the roof so my wifi speeds are always crazy good.
thanks, i will go with fiber optic and talk to few people they have uverse, they are very happy with it. i think i am going with uverse!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

Sounds awesome. I will need to research the major providers of it.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have U-Verse and we haven't had any problems until recently- we're actually having a tech come out today, because their online diagnostic tool said an on-site visit was required. Other than the recent annoyance, I really like the service and definitely would recommend it!