C.R.F..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Lori, We do seem to be in the same boat regarding our two moggies, Ziggy is fine with drinking fluids just now but trying to get her to eat is a nightmare , yesterday she barely ate a thing we were freaking out the vet said she will have days like that. .Today after a slow start she started to eat again we were so relieved. Other than the eating issues its like there is nothing wrong with her she still plays with her sister, sits watching birds at the window etc. that is why we did not know there was anything wrong till her annual check up last week.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Have they suggested feeding her anything like Hill's a/d (very calorie-dense food)? It's usually used after a cat hasn't been eating for a period of time, and supposedly cats love it. Plus it's very soft, which tends to appeal to CKD kitties more. And sorry if you mentioned that already, long day today.

ligwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Katocats,
Tess is having a "no eating day" today. She has been so quiet since yesterday. Seems to be having difficulty moving around, and even had a hard time getting up on to the sofa. And now I am wondering about how well she is seeing. Seems her vision is off.

Today I couldn't find her in any if the usual places. I searched, and finally located her hiding in the furnace room. Just laying on the floor. This scared me to the point of shoving her in the crate and driving to the vet. I got a far as the parking lot and turned around and came home. I can't run to the vets daily. I have to figure out how to cope. I'm having a terrible time of it. I really have no support system. I'm just so scared every minute and then I start to feel like a crazy lunatic. Seems there is no middle ground. So I come here, and put it all out ther. Lol, so sorry. I have no one else that can understand.

ligwa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's nice your girl is still enjoying life. Play is so important. She sounds like she's doing well. Glad for you. And her. :)

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Katocats,
Tess is having a "no eating day" today. She has been so quiet since yesterday. Seems to be having difficulty moving around, and even had a hard time getting up on to the sofa. And now I am wondering about how well she is seeing. Seems her vision is off.

Today I couldn't find her in any if the usual places. I searched, and finally located her hiding in the furnace room. Just laying on the floor. This scared me to the point of shoving her in the crate and driving to the vet. I got a far as the parking lot and turned around and came home. I can't run to the vets daily. I have to figure out how to cope. I'm having a terrible time of it. I really have no support system. I'm just so scared every minute and then I start to feel like a crazy lunatic. Seems there is no middle ground. So I come here, and put it all out ther. Lol, so sorry. I have no one else that can understand.
Oh, you are not a lunatic at all. I can't tell you how many times Lucky got taken into the vet in the 16 days I had him after his diagnosis. I think every single person that worked there talked to me on the phone and/or in person during that time. For all the times I took Lucky in, I think I called at least three times as many times. The only days they didn't hear from me probably were when they were closed.

If she's only been acting weird and not eating for one day, she's likely just not feeling well. So, perhaps a vet call would be warranted. If nothing than for peace of mind. I'm sure they will understand. Lucky would "hide" under my blanket in the bedroom on such days. I freaked out the first time he did that as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not such a good day today Ziggy has eaten very little and she is a lot quieter also I think her sister may have eaten an  elastic band you just couldn't make it up, .I will check out the Hills  a/d food and try it thanks,