Buying Airline Tickets?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Minneapolis is one of Northwest's hubs, and they allow pets. Most of the major airlines allow pets, really, usually with fees and a 1-per-person rule. The carrier must fit under the seat in front of you, just like any other carryon.

Since you've never flown before... you have to be flexible with timing. That crappy 10:30 pm/7 am flight is cheap precisely because nobody on earth wants to leave that late or early. If you want your flights to be at 2 pm, you're going to pay extra for that.

Also, airline tickets are the cheapest about a month and a half before the time of your trip. Much before that, and they're still expensive, much closer than that and a lot of them are more expensive again because they know you need that ticket for whatever reason and are likely to pay more for it.

Unless you want to fly stand-by, but I don't think you can if you have pets.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

For those who've flown with cats in the plane, what was it like taking them through the airport? (I'm not nervous at all
)
I haven't flown with cats, but I just wanted to mention that you might want to have a harness and leash on them, because you will have to take them out of their carriers to go through security. And you can only have soft-sided approved for air travel carriers. Good luck!