Buying a kitten overseas...Need advice please!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has probably been brought up but it is important to ensure you have funds tucked away when breeding cats. An example is my friend who has been breeding for 30 years who has had two c-sections over the last week with a vets bill of over NZD $1,000. Think about what would happen in this scenario too.

A great factor when breeding pedigree cats is you have the knowledge and prior information regarding the past cats (bad c-section lines, cats that have their kittens early or even just cats who have been bad mothers). Just some more food for thought.

I may have missed it but I have been very absent minded lately - do you have any pics?

seiko7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

Problem is, I'm not sure what advice you're wanting? You already said you're well-informed about breeding, and I don't think any breeder will help you with a breeding they consider ill-advised. A cat that age having her first litter is not something most breeders would consider, so I think any advice you'd get from experienced breeders would be not to breed that particular cat.....if you really want to get into breeding, procuring a younger breeding-quality cat would probably be their best advice.

Do you want to know about shipping a cat to Canada? I know shipping within the U.S. will cost about $400. Less if the cat travels with a human, but of course you have to buy the human's ticket as well. I don't know what health certificates a cat would need to travel to Canada from the U.S. Maybe Customs would have that info for you. You'd need at least a Rabies certificate, possibly proof of the other vaccines as well. And a signed health certificate from a vet.

Personally, I wouldn't ship a cat unattended. But lots of breeders do it, so I know it can be done safely. I'm not sure of the details, though.
thanks for your kind reply,I would NEVER have a baby in Cargo our without me

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by seiko7

I would NEVER have a baby in Cargo our without me
Animals are not allowed on board over here, so all are sent cargo. They are perfectly fine.