But I'm cleaning!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm supposed to look this way! 

I was out in the kitchen cleaning out the freezer and somebody knocked on the door. It was the UPS guy, trying to drop off a package. He had the wrong house; I knew this as I wasn't expecting a delivery. So I answered the door quickly and said that I didn't think it was for us.

Well, he was taken aback. I mean his darn eyes actually widened. OK, so I don't look the best. I have on a very old extra large blue t-shirt with a very old extra large dark grey sweatshirt with redwood paint stains all over the front. And light grey sweat pants, also with redwood paint stains. With white socks. No shoes. My hair is back in a long pony tail and well, yeah, I haven't washed my hair since Saturday morning. (I don't think I even combed it today. I just got up this morning and pulled it back.) No make-up, not even moisturizer. I look rather scrungy. And Judas Priest is blaring out "You Got Another Thing Coming" from the stereo. Not really one of my best days, I admit. (Comfortable yes. Stylish? Not on your life.)

I wanted to say, "But I'm cleaning; I'm supposed to look like this!" But I didn't. We got it all straightened out and I told him which house he needed to go to.

You know, that's the nice thing about cats; they really don't care what you look like. 

Last edited:

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, nobody looks their best every day.  When I see myself in the mirror first thing in the morning, I want to break the mirror.  I know this sounds crazy but I try to get up a little earlier than Russell when he sleeps over just so I can at least brush my teeth and put a comb through my hair. 

Even tho our relationship is about two years old now, I want to look halfway decent in the morning
we're not an old married couple just yet.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:flail: Hilarious and thanks for the laugh. Yeah right, cleaning..... the guy is thinking "TRULY ONE CRAZY CAT LADY" :dash: I have been there and done that. :lol3: Usually, I don't answer the door and go hide somewhere. HEE HEE OR I open the peep door and tell them to please leave the package and run for your life. :rofl:

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least you were fully clothed. Unlike the lady my grandfather delivered groceries to back in the 1930s.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm always clothed.....but it really depends on what those clothes are!

I'm a classic rock fan, so when I start working around the house, the music starts up. Loud. The cats usually head for the bedroom when they hear the beginning of the first song. I load up the CD player and let it rip.

Had I been expecting the package, I would have just let it go until the guy left the driveway....simply because of how I was dressed. But I knew it wasn't ours and didn't want to deal with having to figure out where it went on my own.

A few years ago, I had had my gall bladder out....it was in-and-out surgery, so I was home and, again, in my scrungy best. Sweatshirt, sweatpants, white socks, the whole bit. Plus with the surgery and the fact that I hadn't been feeling well for months, well, it was really bad. I was all grey and looked like death warmed over. The chair of one of the planning commissions I work with stopped at the house with flowers. I answered the door and well, he just stopped dead. He smiled and said something to the effect that, he was glad I didn't go to his meetings looking the way I did. (He was kidding, of course) But when I went to the next meeting, he said to the members that they should have seen what he saw that day. I just told him to kindly shush and everybody started laughing.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3: I am always dressed like a bag lady when I am at home. Always. :lol3: You should see me when I am doing work outside. :lol3: My neighbors probably refer to me as the bag lady. :lol3:

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh. According to old TV programs you're supposed to be wearing heels and pearls as you clean. :lol3:

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I live in old jeans and oversized, dark coloured sweat shirts or t-shirts when I'm at home. My husband has been known to snitch my t-shirts if he needs a work shirt because they're all mens large in black or grey.

The first time my mom actually stopped by work to drop something off to me, she was taken aback and said excalimed "Holy carp, you DO have real clothes!" My colleagues all thought I had an overly-critical mom until I explained that it was a fair comment considering what I usually looked like when she saw me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Gosh. According to old TV programs you're supposed to be wearing heels and pearls as you clean.
Indeed! Look at Donna Reed and June Cleaver. Did they do nothing without their pearls?? (OK, scratch that.....some things I don't want to know)
I live in old jeans and oversized, dark coloured sweat shirts or t-shirts when I'm at home. My husband has been known to snitch my t-shirts if he needs a work shirt because they're all mens large in black or grey.

The first time my mom actually stopped by work to drop something off to me, she was taken aback and said excalimed "Holy carp, you DO have real clothes!" My colleagues all thought I had an overly-critical mom until I explained that it was a fair comment considering what I usually looked like when she saw me.
In the winter, I wear sweats all the time because it's easier to keep warm. During the summer when I'm home, I wear lounge pants with a t-shirt. My relatives were all shocked when they went to my dad's funeral because I actually had a dress on....doesn't happen often anymore. I have to wear casual dress to work (no jeans, except on Fridays). So I wear a lot of Dockers and Lee casual pants at work. And right now, I'm wearing sweatshirts at work because it's freezing there. Nobody says anything anymore; they know it doesn't pay. I do try to dress them up a bit, but they're still sweatshirts. I'm cold and I do what I can to stay warm.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of June Clever and Donna Reed - remember that even their husband wore a shirt, tie and jacket to dinner. When was the last time your husband or significant other dressed for dinner. It's all I can do to get Paul to wear a tie one evening on a cruise! You would think he was choking to death!

Last edited:

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is so funny haha sorry

when i clean i were a t-shirt and jeans and if i'm warring one of my Bucky Covington tees i try not to get it dirty if it gets dirty i'm not happy :p that only happens if i'm warring the BC tee and i have no clean shirts to put on before i start