Burnt---I need help quick!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!

I went to post an update this morning and our server went down. *whaaaaa*

My hand is much better. Still red but ok. It looks like what seemed to be a blister, went away.

I am having a hard time with zippers (so I'm selecting clothes without them!) I'm having a hard time with button (I'm selecting clothes without them!) Now....if they could only make velcro covered clothing for grown ups that look like grown up clothes, I'd be rockin'. My only other option was: PJ's and...well, it's not quite appropriate here!

I am having a hard time writing but it is not preventing me from typing so...all's ok.

As for Nicolas......well, I'm one of those mom's who rants and raves internally but when it comes down to crunch time....he wins. All I did this morning was ask who (I already knew) and why (I still don't know). And then I explained to both the boys at the same time how dangerous that was. And after that...I dropped it. When you stop and think about it, it's very hard to get upset about something that is done and over with. I'm just happy things ended the way they did. They ahve both been advised that they are not to touch anything that needs to be plugged in other than their game boys!

Anne, normally my little guy cannot lift the crock pot either. This one has the removable dish and once that's out of it, all that is left is a steel interior (a very HOT steel interior!)

Laurie, I had heard not to use butter on burns before. Yeouch!

Thanks for all being there during my moment of panic!

Now....anyone for crisp toasted valentines???? Sorry....just had to!

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad your hand is much better today.

But I am worried about the poor teddy cooked in his own plastic bag!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah.....forgot about him. Well, after he cooled down (which took a while because I think he's stuffed with some kind of beans????) I was able to peel the plastic from his poor stuffed body. He's fine now and he's sitting up on the dining room table....He's just has a little 'smell' to him. A plasticky smell!!!

williewz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe he's been watching those Renolds oven bag commercials ("And cleanup is SO easy!"). Glad to hear that your burn is doing better... I'm a lousy cook, and not much time elapses between one "ouchie" and another, usually me trying to grab the side of the pan.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
G, Glad to hear your hand is better. The way you handled the situation with the boys is probably the best. That way they both get reminded about touching things they shouldn't. You could always talk with the "guilty" party when you get home if you feel it's necessary.

I was worrying about the teddy, too. Glad you're all ok.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Whisker's mom
I am having a hard time with zippers (so I'm selecting clothes without them!) I'm having a hard time with button (I'm selecting clothes without them!)
Woman, I have a tough time with this stuff every day! :laughing:

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG!!!! Ghyslaine!!! I just read this!!! I am glad your hand is better now!!!! I know how painful that is! I had a baby bottle explode on me while I was shaking it up, after having just poured boiling hot water in it... it hit my neck and I had blisters all over my neck for quite awhile...man that hurt!!!!!!!!