burning breast pain

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dont_eat_bambi

I dont own a heating pad yet always need one.
Walgreens, Wal-mart, and Big Lots sell them pretty inexpensively
/ What you could do is boil some hot water then put a small hand towel in there - then take it out and let it cool for a minute then put that on your chest (put it in a ziplock bag first-it'll lock in the heat) and put that on your chest

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as a larger busted lady, I still do my breast exam the way I was taught, arm up over head, use index and third fingers - flat- to press down - checking arm pit first, moving down to circle from outer edge of breast to the center.

If you are lumpy, bumpy, the idea is that by checking every month, you know what's normal for you, what's new, what if anything, has changed.

My mom had fibrocystic breast disease and then breast cancer 3 years ago, so I know that self-exams and yearly mammograms (since I'm over 40) are important for me.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I had an infection once that felt like that. A week's worth of antibiotics and I was fine. Get yourself to a doctor pronto!!
So did I, in the milk gland, hurt real bad! Mine was so bad I had to have a large dose of antibotics in a shot form and a week of pills, Go to the DR. now!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breast pain is not usually associated with cancer.

Perhaps you experienced some trauma to your breast somehow. Perhaps a bump, or a squish, or some extreme cold. Breasts also get tender around the time of your period.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

If i ever lay on my breast wrong or something pinches it etc, i only get that burning pain around or during my period. I dont know if that helps. But do go see a doctor as it is worrying you alot.

I actually have a question about the lumps in the tissue. I have large breasts and im wondering how do i find a better way to do a self breast check? There's so much tissue that it all sort of feels funny when you press down. Does that make sense?
Makes perfect sense. The best you can do is just do the best that you can while in the shower and get to know the feeling of your own breast tissue. And ask your doctor to do a breast exam when you go for your anual PAP. If you are over 40 you should be getting a mammogram every year.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Breast pain is not usually associated with cancer.

Perhaps you experienced some trauma to your breast somehow. Perhaps a bump, or a squish, or some extreme cold. Breasts also get tender around the time of your period.
Natalie, that is not the case with IBC - Inflammatory Breast Cancer..burning and aching can be some of the symptoms.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Natalie, that is not the case with IBC - Inflammatory Breast Cancer..burning and aching can be some of the symptoms.
That is a highly rare form of cancer: less than 3% of breast cancer.

Also, the pain associated with IBC is not what the OP appears to be describing. In addition there are other symptoms related to IBC that are taken into consideration when diagnosing it. None of which the OP appears to have.

IBC breast cancer mimics a breast infection so closely that it's often misdiagnosed until it's noticed that antibiotics aren't helping. There is pain, warmth, redness, swelling, swollen lymph nodes, fever and possibly discharge from the nipple.... all indicative of a breast infection.

A burning sensation without other symptoms is most likely related to some trauma to the breast tissue.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That is a highly rare form of cancer: less than 3% of breast cancer.

Also, the pain associated with IBC is not what the OP appears to be describing. In addition there are other symptoms related to IBC that are taken into consideration when diagnosing it. None of which the OP appears to have.

IBC breast cancer mimics a breast infection so closely that it's often misdiagnosed until it's noticed that antibiotics aren't helping. There is pain, warmth, redness, swelling, swollen lymph nodes, fever and possibly discharge from the nipple.... all indicative of a breast infection.

A burning sensation without other symptoms is most likely related to some trauma to the breast tissue.
Yes, there are other major symptoms, my point was simply that yes, there is a form of breast cancer that includes a symptom of burning in the breast.
There is major research on IBC being done in my area, and a recent report on the news here about how little is known about it. It's important, though it's a rare form, that doctors and women, be informed about IBC, imo.