Burmese - I want to know everything!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bagels'mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Must've been a long trip! My kitty cries and whines after a minute in the car, in the middle of Autumn with the windows slightly rolled down for fresh air...he's such a drama queen! I couldn't imagine taking him on a trip for that long. :p

No, I'd never even consider having a kitten shipped! It must be so stressful for them. Besides, I'd want to meet the kitten in person. I'm actually in CT too, only about an hour's drive from both of the breeders I mentioned. So it'd just be silly if I had them shipped.
I'd definitely want to see the cattery (several times) in person too, before making the decision.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lexington is only like a 3 hour drive from here, at least the way I drive.

My husband drove so I could comfort Godiva on the way. Well, I can't wait to hear the news... make sure to post about the kittens when you get them! Even if it is months from now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bagels'mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah, ok. I'm not good in Geography, I thought IN was really far from KY :p Thank you for all of the inforamtion you provided for me!

If anyone has anything else, then by all means, post!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally would like to own a BODYGUARD E. Burmese...unfortunately, that would mean shipping one over from the US to Malaysia!!!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a small show brag!

My BB went to his first CFA show yesterday (09/17, just a small one) and guess what? He placed 2nd best in one ring and 4th best kitten in the other!!! Yay!!!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!! POST MORE PICS silly!

Godiva is "pet quality" due to her eye issues and too-flat nose, I assume.... but the thing about Burmese is that they don't vary that much. I love how they are so uniform-looking.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a pic of BB alng with CFA AB Judge Kenji Takano (he who gave BB 2nd Best Kitten) and me...see BB's monkey tail cleverly wrapped around my hand!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recognize that look on his face! It's the Burmese "this isn't thrilling, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it so I'll just stay here" look.

Congrats, again! Beautiful kitty.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the perfect description of the expression Godiva!!!! Mind you, BB is only 6.5 months old...god willing, he doesn't lose the look when he's 16yrs!!! I'll try to get a pic of a frwony face with tongue sticking out...it's too cute!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yep! That's the look... I think they get crabbier as they get older. Here's Godiva again (giving the Burmese look) a couple years ago at our old house...

"How dare you take a picture of me, you lowly human!! I shall look pissy until you take that camera out of my face."