Buried another cat

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh darn it.  I came home from town this morning and there was another cat dead on the side of the road.  I currently have eight cats (this is nine) buried in my yard.  All came from the same place - a man up the road whose female has two to three litters a year.  It's where three of my inside cats came from and Schofield, my semi-feral outside cat.

I have also found homes for or TNR'd 14 others.  He refuses to have her spayed, although I have offered numerous times.  He thinks its cruel.  He does not think its cruel to kick the kittens out at 12 weeks if the "Free Kittens" sign doesn't work.  I called the SPCA but there's not much they can do when he denies the kittens are his.

At least he socializes the kittens before he kicks them out, so when they show up here, I can find most of them homes.  But it's the ones I find dead that really burn me up.

I'd bet money this one was in the same litter as Schofield.  They resemble one another and looked about the same age.

On the other side of his house, I've become acquainted with a lady who has a colony of 12 or 13 cats.  All are spayed or neutered and I think they all came from his house, too.

My husband suggested a night time raid but I am sure I would get caught.  In our area, your cat is considered property, so with my luck, I'd go to jail for theft!

I just wanted to vent.   Thanks !

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry.. What a terribly frustrating situation.  I admire your ability to do what you can and keep an eye of this very deluded man.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh how sad.  It's just unfair that he cannot be forced to spay his cat.  Maybe leave him one of the Alley Cat Allies brochures that explains how many cats can be produced from just one unspayed or neutered cat.  The figures are unbelievable. 

How wonderful that you do what you do and find homes for as many as you can. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sadly, I have given him information. He actually threw one brochure back at me, so he doesn't want to be educated. I honestly thinks he just likes kittens. He socializes them really well because I've only had trouble finding one a home and I think it was because she'd been on her own for awhile. I even tried to get him to volunteer for the SPCA socializing their kittens but ...

Thank goodness there are others in the neighborhood who do what i am doing. I shudder to think about the cat problem if there weren't!

He also had an unlicensed dog but fortunately, the SPCA has more stringent rules about dogs and they were able to threaten him with removal if he didn't get her licensed. Strangely, she was spayed. People sure are funny ...

izzyrobinson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so sad. I couldnt imagine burying any animal and them poor cats. Someone needs to do something as he's neglecting these poor kittens. Despise deluded people like him. X

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can only hope we are getting most of them. Actuall, I have already talked to a few of my fellow rescuers about getting all the kittens the next time I see a sign. Haven't seen a sign so far this year but we're devising a plan. It won't cure the problem but it will help get the kittens homes while they are still young. I spend enough money when one of them wanders into my yard, I can apply that to the surrender fee for the no-kill shelter.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some males are not going to accept anything if it is woman that says it, sad thing, but there are such persons in this world. If it is male saying same things result is different then, that is silly, but still happens even at 2013.

Then there are some that think their rights are step on if someone is asking them to change way he does things, for this kind of persons only working method is to tell how one himself has found out spaying causing something positive that is something such positive thing he would like to, but of course this is not going to work if there is already been another kind of communications by that person telling about such good experiences as they think it is just some scam in those cases.

Those two kinds of persons often are that one male that is 'difficult', so only way would be to have some male person to share his nice experiences for him, preferrably someone he knows and is ok with and it should be quite far in future so memory of last attempt would of been faded in his mind. Also approaching in cat business as first contact probably will not be working, he might think it being a scam again.

Of course there are many other possibilities too, but I would guess something of such might work. Being male I have some experience of how some of them think, it is sometimes bit foolish way, but what can you do, it is how life has made some individuals, then other individuals has to just try to find best ways around them.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  He refuses to have her spayed, although I have offered numerous times.  He thinks its cruel.  He does not think its cruel to kick the kittens out at 12 weeks if the "Free Kittens" sign doesn't work.  I called the SPCA but there's not much they can do when he denies the kittens are his.

I just wanted to vent.   Thanks !
Wow - that is really one twisted dude with his thinking on "cruel" :disa: :mad: Really must burn you up too. I am with your husband on this one. And don't take my advice... :lol3:, but I could not stand for it and I would see about trapping the female and getting her spayed behind his back. I see it as saving many more kittens and saving her life as well. Since there are so many cat lovers in the neighborhood, he could never point the finger at you for it. Heck, he may never even notice other than the fact that she wouldn't be having any more litters.

Vent away anytime, hun. :hugs: :hugs:

RIP kitty :rbheart::angel::rbheart:

Last edited:

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I honestly don't think he's being cruel, at least in his own mind. The result is the same, of course. But until I or someone else can convince him otherwise, my neighbor and I will continue to clean up the mess.