buprenorphine formulations and dosages

nicegirlkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update:

Our fella finally seems to have turned the corner and after 20 days since his full teeth removal, he is finally eating on his own much to our relief!! Still on the pain meds - probably for at least another few days - not an easy operation to get over - hopefully worth it in the end.

Curlynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is an old post but I hope someone reads this and can give me some advice. My cat just got spayed and hasnt seemed to be in any pain until now, its day 5 and she seems uncomfortable. Now I was told to give her .3 every 12 hours but from what im reading thats a high dosage for an 8 pound cat.... She doesnt seem like shes in a ton of pain, just uncomfortable... Should I start by just giving her half? Im not trying to give her way to much.

Colorado Cat Dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I appreciate the helpful links about Buprenorphine in pain management for cats in this thread. My cat Rosie has been prescribed this because of her arthritis, but I’m conflicted. I’m afraid that if I administer it to her regularly she will develop a physical dependence on the medication, but I want to relieve her of her pain. She definitely does well on it.