Bunneh here :D

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BuNN, You're funny! You'll just have to post some new threads. I think you are a really valuable addition to the group!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh now you've said it :tounge2: you'll never get rid of me now.

/me sets up tent and starts a fire.

Now where's my marshmellows?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Uh oh! Now you've done it! Don't even get us started on food. Just mentioning roasted marshmallows may be enough fodder for about 4 pages of replies. Hope you brought enough to share!

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd pass them down the telephone line but the last time I tried that I made a right royal mess :eek:

BTW, I like melted cheese and a poached egg on toast

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a foreign exchange student here from Belgium named Genna for a week's bus stop- a short interlude between the US and home. We had a big cookout with marshmallows toasted on the open fire, of course. She had never heard of them so I gave her the recipe. Needless to say, it was a rather short recipe! She had only heard of putting them on top of sweet potatoes, I guess. Some day she'll find that very formally written, ridiculous thing and have a good laugh.

Now, BuNN, you can answer a very important question for me. My father loved Welsh rarebit, and Mom complained about how much trouble it was to make. They're in heaven now. Bodlover, my dear British friend, says Welsh rarebit is only toasted cheese. Well, Mom never complained about toasted or grilled cheese, so there has to be more to it. I know I tasted it only once because the cheese was too sharp for my taste. The question is "What is Welsh rarebit, and why is it hard to make? If you tell me it's toasted cheese, I'm taking back my compliments!!!! (Just kidding, if you're British, you must be all right!)

Also, what is the best way to toast marshmallows, gently, from a distance or catch them on fire and blow them out? Just want opinions. I am a reformed "catch them on fire" person. You know, if the United Nations had a forum like ours, we wouldn't have so many problems.

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll be honest, I hate marshmellows, so I'd use a flame thrower myself. Me and a friend went to a sweet shop and bought a bag of a 100 marshmellows and ate the LOT between us. I've never felt so sick and since then I haven't been able to look at those horrible squashy things without feeling ill :p So I have no idea how to roast 'em. Like I said use a flame thrower, best way to get rid of them

Welsh Rarebit is, as far as I know, just cheese on toast, possibly with egg. I found a url so you can now impress your mates with your amazing cheese on toast, toasting

http://appetizerrecipe.com/AZ/WelshRarebit.asp Read, print and never look at Brits the same again :tounge2:

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well--It's not so hard. I don't know -maybe she didn't like grating the cheese! However, thank you for the link. I have been looking for a good recipe for steak and kidney pie and found it. This is a great source for recipes in all styles of cooking, from what I've seen. I bookmarked it. About marshmallows making you sick? My mother would have said, "Ca canny wi the sweets!"