Bumpy's ruptured anal gland and high fever

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nhlee529

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Im so happy Bumpy is getting better!! To come out okay after all that is one strong kitty!! & Meowmy too!! Good that the healing process continues smoothly!!

Happy New Year!!
Thank you Glitch... Bumpy thanks you too! Poor baby got pricked a few more times today before the Vet got her vein to draw blood... I do have to admit, Bumpy is a really good girl. I can't imagine the greater caos that would have been if it happened to Milukhu. Meowmy is really proud of Bumpy!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Over the next few weeks ....
please let us know how Bumpy is doing.

That might help those of us who might be looking a a similar surgery someday with out kitties.
Thanks

nhlee529

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Over the next few weeks ....
please let us know how Bumpy is doing.

That might help those of us who might be looking a a similar surgery someday with out kitties.
Thanks
I'd be glad to.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my this sounds like it was a serious condition. I'm glad to hear Bumpy is doing better now and recovering! Pookie-Poo knows what she's talking about. They do tend to get a bit anorexic from the antibiotics. It should get better though.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya, I have a cat like that too! I have one that could get hurt and be the best little trooper about it and the other one is just a sissy la la!! haha
Im glad Bumpy is doing so good though! Its nice to know...

nhlee529

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to provide an update on Bumpy. Bumpy is pretty much fully recovered. She's back to normal with her daily routine of eating, sleeping and running around. Her wound closed up nicely, but I've just noticed that the scar is a darker color... kind of purplish color. I'm not sure if this is the way scars should look. I'm still trying not to pull on her little behind when I pick her up because I know the wound area is kind of sensitive and tight (she twitches sometimes when I rub it). I remember her scar wasn't this deep in color when she got fixed. Does anyone know? Other than that, Bumpy is fine now. Thanks.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is wonderful news about Bumpy's recovery from scent sac surgery.

As for the scar color, I would just give the vet's tech a quick call and ask about the color.
If it continues to concern you after that, you might want to give the vet a call and ask about it.

A quick reminder.....
You are never being a pest when you call your vet with valid questions...
you are being an involved, concerned parent.

Thanks for the Bumpy good news update.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great to hear, and I agree with Lei about the scar.

In the meantime, when my daughter had an appendectomy, the scar was a dark purplish pink for over a year, so don't worry too much until you contact the vet.

nhlee529

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah, I better ask the vet. Hope it's normal.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know about kitties but I sure have my share of scars and yes, they can definitely be dark purple, they will usually get lighter with time.

glad to hear kitty's health is on the up and up!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nhlee529

yeah, I better ask the vet. Hope it's normal.
For future reference, let us know what the vet says about the scar color.
How is Bumpy doing today? Pooing OK?