Bumps On Tummy

fearlessbenjamn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 2 year old kitty, Rooster, has a large patch of bumps on his stomach. The rash is a little red but not totally gross looking. He is not scratching a lot but he is a little bit of an excessive cleaner in that area. He is an inside cat and never goes outside so I don't think its fleas (but who knows). What's weird is that at the end of June he lost a bunch of hair around his ears but as fast as it fell out it grew back. I just adopted him in April so I thought maybe it was the stress of a new household or eating a new food. I got some cortisone spray for cats today to help with any itching. I read about it possibly being mites and the article suggested a warm soapy bath to kill them. He would rip me to shreds but i would be willing to give it a try. I am planning on taking him to the vet Saturday but was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what this could be. Rooster is not a big fan of vets. He had to have his eye removed last year and the vet stresses him out. Thoughts??

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
May be an allergy to something. My cat had something similar, it turned out to be eosinophilic plaque. Vet told me to give her topical cortisone cream. (Make sure the spray is OK for cats, by the way). Hebe is pretty much feral, even if she does live inside, and she wasn’t having any. She ended up with injected and, later, oral steroids for several months. It was a trip catching her every day to pill her.

I think with any rash, a vet visit is the way to go. They are hard to diagnose from a description. Mites was a good idea for the ears but I’m not sure about the tummy.

Good luck and please let us know what the vet thinks. Can we have a photo of Rooster?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fearlessbenjamn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your response. I bought the cortisone spray that is specifically for cats. Who knew there was even such a thing! I am dreading having to use it on him. Rooster loves being a part of my family. He is very social and loves to play with my other kitties. He feels like he is home. But with that being said he doesn't have the best manners and will claw the heck out of you. So this will be interesting