Bumps on outdoor kitten’s ears

LC Newman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 8-month old outside neutered kitten developed bumps … a LOT of bumps … on the outside of his ears. I’ve read the threads so I’m guessing the answer will be “see a vet” so I will do that asap but I’m posting here to see if anyone whose cat has had this problem can tell me what they found out and what the treatment was.

Norman lives outside but comes inside whenever he wants (rarely). He free feeds dry food and I give him canned wet food morning and night.

None of my other cats (I “trap, neuter, release” so Norman’s sister and 3 other cats live here), nor the other cats either around my home or in the neighborhood have these bumps. My sister took the other two kittens from the same litter and they haven’t any bumps (but hers are indoor only).

The bumps are hard, no pus and he doesn’t scratch them at all. He’s been treated for fleas (but he’s ready for another treatment).

I’ve attached some pics.

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 8-month old outside neutered kitten developed bumps … a LOT of bumps … on the outside of his ears. I’ve read the threads so I’m guessing the answer will be “see a vet” so I will do that asap but I’m posting here to see if anyone whose cat has had this problem can tell me what they found out and what the treatment was.

Norman lives outside but comes inside whenever he wants (rarely). He free feeds dry food and I give him canned wet food morning and night.

None of my other cats (I “trap, neuter, release” so Norman’s sister and 3 other cats live here), nor the other cats either around my home or in the neighborhood have these bumps. My sister took the other two kittens from the same litter and they haven’t any bumps (but hers are indoor only).

The bumps are hard, no pus and he doesn’t scratch them at all. He’s been treated for fleas (but he’s ready for another treatment).

I’ve attached some pics.
Here is a link. I’m not sure what that could be really- there’s a couple of photos in the link. I hope it’s not a carcinoma.

Disorders of the Outer Ear in Cats - Cat Owners - Merck Veterinary Manual.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow, that's a lot of bumps. It's surprising that they don't bother him, but good. If you already have a Vet, see if you can send those pictures to them for their perusal. I have absolutely no idea what this might be :sigh: