Bumps on cat's neck? HELP!

quinnfahey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A few days ago I found a little bump on my kitten's neck, near the back of his head/ear, on the right side. It looked a little like a raised, round scab so I figured he probably got scratched while playing or he had a scab left over from having fleas a few weeks ago. Today I found a few more bumps, two on his right side, and three on his left side, still just on the back of his head. He's long haired so its hard to see his skin but I was moving his fur around on the right side of his head and the bumps are all scabs and there is a little straight line going through them (probably an inch long), it looks almost like dry, flaky skin but it's stuck to his skin and won't come off. 

I'm really worried about it, he's only had his kitten shots from before I adopted him from a shelter (I don't believe vaccinations are necessary as he is only an indoor cat) 

Should he see a vet or am I just worrying over nothing? 

Thanks! 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you need to go to the vet. It could be ringworm or scabies. Both are transmittable to humans.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whatever it is your not worrying over nothing.  It's something, but what exactly we can't tell you.  Please see a vet.