Bump on nose

Olliethecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My aunts cat fanta (picture) has a very strange nose and I'm not too sure if it's normal, it seems to have a lil bit of black crust around nostrils, please help/respond if you know what this is!
20210202_163338.jpg
20210202_163335.jpg
20210202_163309.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is definitely swollen.....I would say it is an injury, thus the small amount of black crust in the nostril, (blood), or an insect bite that has caused the swelling and needs to be watched. It could be mice bites too if he is allowed outside, or has access to mice. Swelling does indicate trauma or even infection, so monitor it carefully. If it gets even bigger it would be time for an antibiotic. If it is a cat/animal bite it could be an abscess, in which case it will swell until it bursts and drains. If it does that carefully clean with a half and half mixture of peroxide and water (one time) and then apply an antibiotic salve (with NO pain relievers) to it daily for a while to keep it clean and open to drain. Those take a long time to heal. If he starts to hide, quits eating, acts lethargic, he needs a vet visit and an oral antibiotic.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If this is not a recent change in his nose, he probably should be seen by a vet, to check to see if there is growth or cyst, etc. inside the nasal passage(s), which could also have something to do with the drainage. What about the unusual marking at the tip of his nose? Is that fur loss, a scab, or?? That could be more indicative of an injury if the bump is relatively new.