Bump on cats bridge of nose

Apresley21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! My cat who is about 9 years old has a strange hard lump/bump on the bridge of his nose. I took him to a vet (who has never seen him before) and he commented if his nose always looked like this.. my cats nose has always been wide and different but for the life of me I don’t know if he always had a bump like this. He measured it at 6mm and said to keep an eye on it for any type of change or growth. He said it was too flat to tap it with a needle at this point and it is not obstructing his breathing. He is eating, playing, using litter as usual.. I guess my question is does anyone else’s cat have a nose like this? I asked him if this could just be the way his nose is shaped and he said yes, but we should still keep an eye for changes. I am sharing a pic of his nose.. one front pic and one from the side. Any help would be great.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have known one cat who had a decidedly lumpy nose in my life, and I'm sure there are others. I'd do exactly as your vet suggests. You know the initial measurement, and you have good photos. Measure and take more photos every seven days for awhile, and track it. If there are changes, take him back in. Wish I could give you something more solid, but...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for advice. It sounds like your new vet is thorough and not an alarmist. I honestly did not notice anything unusual about your cat's nose but since your vet took measurements you have a good baseline now. BTW, what is your boy's name? He's very handsome.:lovecat3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Apresley21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for advice. It sounds like your new vet is thorough and not an alarmist. I honestly did not notice anything unusual about your cat's nose but since your vet took measurements you have a good baseline now. BTW, what is your boy's name? He's very handsome.:lovecat3:
His name is JoJo :) so you think his nose looks normal?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
From the pics it looks normal to me BUT I'm not a vet so trust what your vet tells you. It sounds like he is on top of it and JoJo is in good hands. Best of luck! :alright:

Jessy00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! My cat who is about 9 years old has a strange hard lump/bump on the bridge of his nose. I took him to a vet (who has never seen him before) and he commented if his nose always looked like this.. my cats nose has always been wide and different but for the life of me I don’t know if he always had a bump like this. He measured it at 6mm and said to keep an eye on it for any type of change or growth. He said it was too flat to tap it with a needle at this point and it is not obstructing his breathing. He is eating, playing, using litter as usual.. I guess my question is does anyone else’s cat have a nose like this? I asked him if this could just be the way his nose is shaped and he said yes, but we should still keep an eye for changes. I am sharing a pic of his nose.. one front pic and one from the side. Any help would be great.
Hey, any updates on this?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The OP has not been back to TCS in two years, so you will probably not get a response. You are welcome to start a thread about your own cat if that would be helpful.

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The OP has not been back to TCS in two years, so you will probably not get a response. You are welcome to start a thread about your own cat if that would be helpful.
It always amazes me how people post in a panic then you never hear from them again.

Jessy00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. My cat has something similar and I’m very nervous about it