Bully

karen dsupin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 6 year old neutered male and a three-year-old female that is also fixed. They have been together since she was little and it seems that just lately he has been bullying her very badly and making her cry biting her on the neck and really going after her if anyone can please tell me why he is doing this because he's getting me very angry and I'm afraid she's going to run off

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are a few possibilities for why this would happen "all of a sudden". One - he is ill in some fashion, and aggression can be one way a cat 'demonstrates' illness. Two - she is ill, and that can cause other cats to act aggressively toward the sick one. Three - there is a cat, or other animal, lurking outside your home and your male can sense its presence, causing what they call re-directed aggression. Four - there have been changes in or outside your home that have impacted him.

Can you give us some more details about them, including recent changes within and outside your house? That might help to narrow down the possibilities. Something is going on that set off your 6 yo.