Bugsy needs vibes... rough dental

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bugsy's dental today was pretty rough, and he is not doing "so sexy"... He had three extractions, the roots were very weak and brittle, and came out in pieces, so they had to go into the bone to clean it up
he did get a bone implant put in... His records show he had a small hemorrhage... he had little problem being intubated, and with pain after the surgery (they had to up his meds).
I spoke to the clinic later today as Bugsy was still not eating, and they said he had a "rough, big day". They said I might have to force feed him, but his mouth is SO sore

I gave him more pain meds and he freaked at me touching his mouth the poor thing.
I am hoping he will eat soon now that he is medicated again. So far it's been about 24 hours since his last meal, and all he did was take a few licks of my fingers moments ago.
I hate the thought of force feeding him- he is clearly traumatized and in a lot of pain.
I will be giving him clindamicyn injections 2x a day for the next 6 days, as he can't have any more antibiotics with his digestive system messed up as it is...
To top it all off his glucose came high- 180 out of max 159. They ran a second panel and second test was 177.
My poor little baby is a mess...
If you pray, say a little prayer for him... At least for him to eat... If you don't, send him some vibes... I am getting ready to mix some food to force feed him...
My poor baby boy

herekittykitty8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Carolina,
I am so sorry to read about Bugsy's troubles. You always seem to be in the middle of some sort of health ordeal with your fur family. Luckily, they have such a caring, patient, and of course, knowledgable meowmy to care for them.

Sending you & Bugsy much love & of course, vibes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by herekittykitty8

Oh Carolina,
I am so sorry to read about Bugsy's troubles. You always seem to be in the middle of some sort of health ordeal with your fur family. Luckily, they have such a caring, patient, and of course, knowledgable meowmy to care for them.

Sending you & Bugsy much love & of course, vibes.
Yeah.... Bugsy's poor breeding resulting in a weak immune-system and lots of problems...
The others are seldom problems - hairballs and etc... Gracie I rescued after many years of neglect, so I knew she was going to have a hard time for a little while, but she is fine now...
Bugsy is complicated, but if he only knew how much he is loved... He is the love of my life... My baby...

herekittykitty8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Yeah.... Bugsy's poor breeding resulting in a weak immune-system and lots of problems...
The others are seldom problems - hairballs and etc... Gracie I rescued after many years of neglect, so I knew she was going to have a hard time for a little while, but she is fine now...
Bugsy is complicated, but if he only knew how much he is loved... He is the love of my life... My baby...
From what I've read from many of your posts - there is no possible way Bugsy can't know how much he is loved! I bet he appreciates you every single day.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor Bugsy....they just don't understand.

Well, he couldn't be in better hands now. I will say a prayer for him to start eating and the pain goes away.

And hugs to you.....I know it's just as hard on you.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina, I am so sorry what happened to Bugsy. He will be in my prayers today. I know how stressing it is when they don't want to eat. Hugs to you and him. Bugsy, boy, we all love you and are praying for you. Now you do your part and eat like a good kitty.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read this about Bugsy. I hope he feels better soon.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope he's feeling lots better very soon. You're doing a great job with him, Carolina.

Bless your hearts!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi friends, thank you for all the vibes and prayers... Bugsy got up today feeling much better... Yesterday he looked like a truck had hit him on the head, today he looks a bit like his old self again, thank goodness!
I don't know if I posted this last night, but I was able to force feed him only 1oz of food before I went to bed - he was in a lot of pain and I didn't want to traumatize him further.
This morning he ate 1/2 of his food on his own and I am still working on it. I also gave his pain meds and his injection (antibiotics). Hopefully today I will get him to eat his whole meal without force feeding him, that is my goal... I will be feeding him several times a day... He is not hungry at all, but I am following him around with his food plate and a few licks here and there add up...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding to my last post: I was able to feed the rest of his 1/4 can meal with a spoon.... He left just a tiny bit on the last spoon
I will probably be feeding him every 4 hours or so until he goes to bed...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Bugsy!!! That poor baby has been through so much

When Chynna
had her dental and extractions, they wanted me to give her oral pain meds and antibiotics. I told them "no freaking way!" And insisted on injections, which they agreed to. I was sent home with pre-drawn up syringes and shown how to do the injections. It was so much easier and less painful for her than me having to touch her poor little mouth which was so sore.

Lots of healing vibes for your beautiful boy!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Poor Bugsy!!! That poor baby has been through so much

When Chynna
had her dental and extractions, they wanted me to give her oral pain meds and antibiotics. I told them "no freaking way!" And insisted on injections, which they agreed to. I was sent home with pre-drawn up syringes and shown how to do the injections. It was so much easier and less painful for her than me having to touch her poor little mouth which was so sore.

Lots of healing vibes for your beautiful boy!
The pain meds are easier as I can just put it on his gums, and it's not that much... But the antibiotics I HAD to get as injections too, both because of his mouth and also because he still has very soft poop from when he took clavamox in october. I went through almost 5 months of BAD diarrhea with him and will not risk putting anything in his digestive tract again.
I know injections will still kill the bacteria in his tract, but at least he doesn't need to digest it.
Hopefully thins will be easier on his system.