Bugsy needs vibes.... Long

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I feel I am waiting for a miracle to happen.... It is so hard to keep cleaning the box and finding diarrhea day in and day out... Yesterday was day 9 on Tylan, and there has been no improvement since about day 5 or so
Just so frustrating.... I want day 14 to come, and at the same time I want to stretch time as much as possible.... He is doing so well otherwise though... This is so very confusing....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know. It took us quite a while to get Chumley's diarrhea under control. We about flipped out when a minuscule amount of the chinese herbal remedy the new holistic vet put him on caused horrible gas and diarrhea. Thankfully stopping it right away made things go back to normal - well - his normal. But I know that sinking heart day after day when cleaning the box.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I know. It took us quite a while to get Chumley's diarrhea under control. We about flipped out when a minuscule amount of the chinese herbal remedy the new holistic vet put him on caused horrible gas and diarrhea. Thankfully stopping it right away made things go back to normal - well - his normal. But I know that sinking heart day after day when cleaning the box.
Yeah... It is really stressful, and hard to keep the hope up at times.... The only good thing is that I found an AMAZING new vet that has been working very closely with me, has been taking the time to call me back whenever I need to discuss his situation, and has done so at length... Explained all the options very thoroughly and carefully... So I feel I am ready for the next steps and don't feel they are that scary... The example of not needing a biopsy is one example... Possibility of B12 is another... So many scary things come to mind, and having a vet that will talk you through it really makes a World of difference. I feel I found the right person to help me beat this, while before I was on the wrong hands.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, yesterday was day 12 on Tylan... Still not throwing up, but also no improvement on the diarrhea. I know the vet told me to wait until day 14, but I have a feeling he is not going to get better - I went ahead and scheduled him for a consult with a full blood panel Monday (which is what the vet said his next step would be). I am not sure what else they are going to do, but I trust this vet, and we will get to the bottom of this....
Hopefully sooner than later.
Today is Diarrhea day 55

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, the poor baby. How's his spirits?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Oh, the poor baby. How's his spirits?
Thank you

Aside from this, he is doing wonderful! Normal appetite and energy levels, playful, happy and loving as he has ever been. Keeping his weight well... Lost some in the beginning, but now it is stable.
If you didn't see the diarrhea in the box (and had to keep his bottom clean), you would never tell he has anything... He is 100% normal Bugsy - thank Goodness!