Bugsy is at the vet for the day

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I didn't post before but I did read this thread yesterday and was sending lots and lots of vibes between the rain drops here for him to start eating ok on his own. Great to hear he is eating now!!

I love that fluffy man of yours, and I wish you and him the best of luck to beat whatever this is.. and SOON!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to read the good news! The light at the end of the tunnel lets hope.

Take it easy now, and try to relax....you deserve it!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am glad that he is eating on his own again, and fingers crossed it continues as the stimulant wears off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He ate well today again, both wet and dry... I also took him off Reglan as he was a bit insane - entertaining to watch, but man, he was a pest while in it
. I think it definitely helped him to feel better to eat again, but once I saw today that he woke up already with an appetite and was not rejecting food even before taking the medicine, I felt it was safe to not give it to him.
Tomorrow the effects of the appetite stimulant starts fading off, so it might get tricky, although he is on a low dose of pred... I do think he is ok as far as eating.
Now Just back to the poop issue, hopefully this will be resolved soon now that he is off antibiotics, the probiotics can finally get to work, and pred should help too... at least that is what I am hoping for

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Somehow I completely missed this thread... but your Christmas present is that he keeps eating even as the app stimulant wears off!!!!! (And maybe a Christmas miracle - signs of poop firming up? )

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys

So far he is still holding his own as far as eating, both wet and dry... No signs of firming the poop yet, but the vet said it could take 2-3 weeks on pred to see that... Let's hope it happens sooner than later!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pred make me eat almost anything and everything... but it actually causes loose stools in some so hopefully Bugsy is not one

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Pred make me eat almost anything and everything... but it actually causes loose stools in some so hopefully Bugsy is not one
Well, every and anything can have side effect, but since Prednisolone is the drug of choice in treating IBD and he is at the lowest dose possible AND we have tried many other routes, we will try it and hope for the best. It is all I can do. I can not do something expect the worst... I really cant, and I simply Won't.