Bugsy got a Claw boo-boo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby is fine!!!!!!

My vet office called today to check on him, they are so sweet... I had left a message to them on Saturday, as I was freaking out, so they called to check if he was ok.
I told them what I did, and they said that if I wrap it at home, like I did on the first day, I need to be very very very very careful to not trap bacteria in it, so covering up is better to leave it to the vet - but, since he is ok, I did a good job cleaning it
(that day I washed it really well with Hibiclens, and put a lot of neosporin in it...)
She said besides that it was all done correctly- the neosporin was ok, and to keep cleaning it with bactine like I have been doing from day 2 on...

So - I SEE CLAW!

My God, He went from no claw at all Friday evening, with a completely raw and bleeding quick, to a growing nail Monday!

Taught me a lesson to: Breathe mom... Breathe... They might just be alright!

Thanks for the vibes!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having pets can be a good training for having kids, I've always said.

I'd be torn on the covering it. Until it has a good scab, I'd be afraid of it getting infected in the litter box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Having pets can be a good training for having kids, I've always said.

I'd be torn on the covering it. Until it has a good scab, I'd be afraid of it getting infected in the litter box.
That was exactly my thought - that is why I covered... at least for the first day.
I washed it really really really well with Hibiclens though, and I am sure that did help, as Hibiclens keeps killing bacteria for a good 6 hours after you wash the wound with it... Then the neosporin...
Well... it worked

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

My baby is fine!!!!!!

My vet office called today to check on him, they are so sweet... I had left a message to them on Saturday, as I was freaking out, so they called to check if he was ok.
I told them what I did, and they said that if I wrap it at home, like I did on the first day, I need to be very very very very careful to not trap bacteria in it, so covering up is better to leave it to the vet - but, since he is ok, I did a good job cleaning it
(that day I washed it really well with Hibiclens, and put a lot of neosporin in it...)
She said besides that it was all done correctly- the neosporin was ok, and to keep cleaning it with bactine like I have been doing from day 2 on...

So - I SEE CLAW!

My God, He went from no claw at all Friday evening, with a completely raw and bleeding quick, to a growing nail Monday!

Taught me a lesson to: Breathe mom... Breathe... They might just be alright!

Thanks for the vibes!
Yay Bugsy!!!
That is wonderful news!!! I was thinking it would grow back fast considering how fast the nails grow, but I can't imagine the stress of worrying about infection and everything!!!!!! Glad everything is going well. Continued for a quick nail regrowth and full recovery.