Bucket list

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have one and if so what is on it? I never really had an official list, just goals that I set for myself. A few I achieved but most I did not and now are out of reach (like showing a cat to a National win). Now my goals are a little more modest. I just want to make a difference somehow - not necessarily find a cure for cancer, but make the world a little better place to be.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a bucket list per se, but there are some things I hope to do at some point. One is to visit Ireland and Scotland (I'm in Canada).
I do have a "dream list", but they really depend on some huge financial gain of some sort....and it's not reasonable to rely on the lottery, and I don't have rich family members to inherit anything from...not that that is a nice thing to think about...For example, I would love to buy land (acreage) build my dream home and have a little hobby farm.
I currently have specific goals and things I want to learn and do, and they are very much attainable. I just need to set aside the time and some extra moolah to get them done.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not an official list, just some things I'd like to do in my lifetime. Some of them include: go to Norway and Iceland, write a book (or more than one), finish my Master's degree (1 year left), own a home (officially in 2 weeks), make a living creating things (books, crafts, etc.), make a difference in the world.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not really. There are things I would like to do, but there is nothing that I would consider as being part of a bucket list.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At age 12 or 13 I said I wanted to go to all 7 continents, and as of December, I was able to cross that off mine. That was a big one, but there are still other things I want to accomplish.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At age 12 or 13 I said I wanted to go to all 7 continents, and as of December, I was able to cross that off mine. That was a big one, but there are still other things I want to accomplish.
That is one of my mom's, although I think she has decided not to pursue Antarctica after all. She's now hitting up all the big must-see's around the world. We're hoping to do a family vacation to India within the next two years so she can cross of the Taj Mahal.

For me...in 30 years I've done a lot, but it never quite seems like enough. I've won national sports competitions, been published, traveled well, became friends with rock stars...lol. I'm a millennial so I kind of developed this "what's the use in planning for the future" mentality. I spend my money now and do what I want to do now. Life is too unpredictable to "wait for a better time"

That being said, I think the biggest thing I feel like I need to accomplish in my lifetime is traditionally publishing a book through a major publishing house. I've actually been published as an illustrator, but my whole life was about writing (in 2nd grade I was voted most likely to become a writer; I went to college for creative writing, grad school for journalism...) But I burnt out in grad school and am just now starting to seriously get back into it. I know I'm good at it, and I think my current story, setting, and characters are all interesting, offbeat, and worthwhile, but seeing stuff through to the end is real hard!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I have done more than I thought - but at times it doesn't seem like it. I have written several articles and had them published ( a very small circulation though, in the cat fancy), I have won several baking contests (big whoop!), earned my Master Gardener Certification and ran a successful florist shop, learned to paint albeit poorly, and as for the cat fancy, I did breed and show a cat to 2 regional wins. He was also the highest scoring in his color class internationally 2 years running. I think though it isn't about the goals we have achieved, it is continuing to set goals to try for that is important. It keeps us young and vital.

turb0grav1r

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey Lari, I love to write, and collaborate, and be accountability buddies with other writers. Let me know if you want to give it a try!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t. There is something about putting things to a list like that that takes the fun out of things to me. I don’t even like book reading challenges and I read a lot. Just let me go and let me be. :lol:

I do have dreams but sometimes half the fun is the dreaming. I remember feeling kind of deflated or listless after I finished updating our old house.

My everyday life keeps me really busy. I think that has something to do with it. I don’t need one more thing to do or feel like I’m falling behind on. I have a friend who lives for living her best life. And that’s cool for her. Its fun seeing her adventures and accomplishments. Its fun rooting her on. But I’m content with a quieter existence.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am worried about my bucket list: it only concerns cats! Maybe I'm just being a silly old lady but ever since my beautiful British Short Hair, Bärchen, died after a complicated operation, I have wanted another BSH to love and to cherish! Since then I have fostered more than a hundred strays and kittens, including three BSH-mix ladies, whom I never considered adopting as I had already taken over a sufficient number of cats, who, for one reason or another, hadn't found new komes. However, a BSH is still the only item on my bucket list! But....
  1. I already have 4 female cats (one, 14 years old, was always my own, 3, at least 6 to 14 years old, were fosters, with a right to stay after being up for adoption far too long for comfort). Would it be fair to them?
  2. If I buy a kitten,
    • it may outlive me
    • two would be better but twice the problem
  3. BSHs are sensitive and may not enjoy being in a crowd
  4. An older (10+) unwanted cat is often sick (diabetes, CNI, etc.) but I think I could deal with that
  5. Older BSH cats are impossible to find, at least where I live!
So, should I kick the bucket? Literally speaking of course!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That being said, I think the biggest thing I feel like I need to accomplish in my lifetime is traditionally publishing a book through a major publishing house. I've actually been published as an illustrator, but my whole life was about writing (in 2nd grade I was voted most likely to become a writer; I went to college for creative writing, grad school for journalism...) But I burnt out in grad school and am just now starting to seriously get back into it. I know I'm good at it, and I think my current story, setting, and characters are all interesting, offbeat, and worthwhile, but seeing stuff through to the end is real hard!
I'm reading your reports from Korea in the Coronavirus thread and I find them absolutely great. You do have a literary talent and I'm so glad you're pursuing it! Good luck, I hope you'll publish what you want and how you want it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is very modest. I just want to listen to The Mass of Requiem in D minor (KV 626) of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart , composed in 1791 all they way through at least once without interruptions from Mom, the cats, the phone ringing, the dinging of email, the doorbell, neighbors screaming. Ugh

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am worried about my bucket list: it only concerns cats! Maybe I'm just being a silly old lady but ever since my beautiful British Short Hair, Bärchen, died after a complicated operation, I have wanted another BSH to love and to cherish! Since then I have fostered more than a hundred strays and kittens, including three BSH-mix ladies, whom I never considered adopting as I had already taken over a sufficient number of cats, who, for one reason or another, hadn't found new komes. However, a BSH is still the only item on my bucket list! But....
  1. I already have 4 female cats (one, 14 years old, was always my own, 3, at least 6 to 14 years old, were fosters, with a right to stay after being up for adoption far too long for comfort). Would it be fair to them?
  2. If I buy a kitten,
    • it may outlive me
    • two would be better but twice the problem
  3. BSHs are sensitive and may not enjoy being in a crowd
  4. An older (10+) unwanted cat is often sick (diabetes, CNI, etc.) but I think I could deal with that
  5. Older BSH cats are impossible to find, at least where I live!
So, should I kick the bucket? Literally speaking of course!
Is this allowed - answering my own post? It was written over a year ago and look who I picked up this afternoon.

Luise (002).jpg

The story I was told:
Luise, 4 years old, had given birth twice. She belonged to an older woman - no longer able to look after her. Her daughter picked up Luise, and had her neutered. The daughter breeds BSHs and BLHs, has many cats but Luise didn't fit in and was regularly attacked by a ginger tom, with blue eyes (a rather strange creature).

Luise is extemely thin and her nipples are still enlarged. She is not a pedigree.

She has now been with me for precisely 5 hours. She lets me brush and comb her, lies on her back for me to brush her (shaven) stomach and alternates between eating and cleaning herself.

Of course, she has yet to meet my cats - though they are well aware that there is a visitor in the guest room. I'm soooooo happy!