Brushing the cat

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Folks, I would not lie to you, this is absolutely true, and in case I have a secret that will work for you, I share it with you now.

Our house is divided in half by a door. We leave Persi in the front half of the house at night, since we decided we would let him mature a bit more before allowing him to sleep with us because he wants to play at about 2 am. Anyway, when I get up in the morning and go open the door, I always find him waiting on top of the chair right by the door. I give him his good morning petting and he then immediately heads for the laundry room, jumps up on top of the dryer and awaits his morning brushing with no coaxing whatsoever. I then give him a good brushing and he never complains a bit except just a bit when I do his private area, which I save till last. At this point I pop open the jar of Pounce and give him the only food treat he gets during the day. Somebody else told me this worked for them and I have been doing it ever since. It started by me shaking the can of Pounce, showing it to him, then showing him the brush, letting him sniff it out, then leaving the can of Pounce in front of him while brushing him. And now he is perfectly trained to receive his daily brushing! If I do not do it immediately, he will not let me walk anywhere or even get a cup of coffe until I perform my daily duty!