Brushing teeth?

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to cradle my cats also, mainly because if I don't, they'll bust out of the towel. Had a hard time keeping the boys especially bundled up in the towel! Penelopy might be able to be done facing away, she was much more docile. The boys though, omg.

I'll do the next brushing on Saturday, and will clip nails on the same day (because I'm just a little insane). Then starting Monday, I'll do every other day and see how that goes.

rose2015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes we do! Can only get one side each night, bottom molars are nearly impossible to reach. The toothpaste is only applied at the end because someone loves the flavour too much and licks the toothbrush instead of allowing us to brush her teeth. How many seconds does everyone else brush their cats teeth for (per side), and is it a ur year motion, up and down or back to front motion with the brush?

lifeofreilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope, never have. My csts all had great teeth and gum health, and had a lot of bones. (Cat appropriate
I know you can add special drops to their water or food if your cat is tricky to brush!
nfortunately my cat doesn't drink much anymore because he eats an all wet diet. So the drops in the water don't help & his gums are going bad again.

Last edited: