Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh!! I HATE this Cccccccoooooooooooooolllllllllllllllldddddddddd weather!!!!!!
And I feel SO sorry for the animals stuck outside in it!

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I woke up to a frost this morning and frozen ponds.

Its all gone now, I have nothing to complain about its warm here compared to what you guys have.

My hubby is Perth, Australia at the moment visiting his nan. He has taken a suitcase full of t's and shorts, its their summer at the moment. Lucky devil!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like a real cold snap for most of us. I think it went down to -14 last night. My friends and family were freezing and I was nice and toasty!
I'm still climatized to Sioux Lookout where it was a lovely -32F yesterday morning...so I have all the warmest gear..my boots are rated to -60F

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We only hit a balmy 0F yesterday morning and the high was 14. My house is so cold (imagine a 100 year old farmhouse without a basement) and even though we had the floors redone last year to plug the drafts, we can still feel the wind coming up between the floor boards. I don't mind cold weather, but want to be able to escape it while in my home.

So yesterday, we did what all normal people do when their house is too cold. We hopped in our car, blasted the heater to stay warm, and drove around for 5 hours looking for houses for sale that show indications of being warmer than ours.

We are going inside 2 of them about 1PM today.........I'll let you know if we buy one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck on house hunting. It was a balmy -4 this morning when I got up!!
Our basement is not heated so the kitchen and living room floors are always cold as they are hardwood. At least its sunny outside!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

We only hit a balmy 0F yesterday morning and the high was 14. My house is so cold (imagine a 100 year old farmhouse without a basement) and even though we had the floors redone last year to plug the drafts, we can still feel the wind coming up between the floor boards. I don't mind cold weather, but want to be able to escape it while in my home.

So yesterday, we did what all normal people do when their house is too cold. We hopped in our car, blasted the heater to stay warm, and drove around for 5 hours looking for houses for sale that show indications of being warmer than ours.

We are going inside 2 of them about 1PM today.........I'll let you know if we buy one.
Brings back memories from when I used to babysit for the couple in the old farmhouse across the street. It was built around 1900. That place was so drafty that you could feel the wind blowing through the house. No central heating, just fire places. Fortunately I was never in it during sub-freezing weather.
Good luck on the house hunting.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still working up the courage to go get the Sunday paper (mailbox by road). The driveway is looking verrrrrry long today.

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, this thread makes the weather here seem downright warm. It's 20F right now. The sun is bright, but the snow isn't going anywhere. It got down to 11F last night. That's nothing compared to the weather farther north, but keep in mind that I live in a Southern river valley.
This is just too cold for me. I am considering a move to sunny Southern California. LOL

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're cold here in Los Angeles as well. At night it got down to the low 40's, and the high is only supposed to be about 61 degrees today. I hate it this cold. It should be back up to the 70's by next weekend.

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

We're cold here in Los Angeles as well. At night it got down to the low 40's, and the high is only supposed to be about 61 degrees today. I hate it this cold. It should be back up to the 70's by next weekend.
Cold?!? At 61?!?? That's a nice warm spring day here!!
If 61 is cold, that's it, I'm moving to LA.