Brown spots on cat's belly

rebellz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I just noticed these brown spots on my cat's belly, I'm not really sure if they are new or they are there from a lot of time, I casually saw them just now. I tried to search for something similar online but I didn't find much informations, do you have any idea what it could be?
Cat is around 10 years old, he lives indoor, doesn't seems to feel any pain or discomfort if I touch the spots, could it be anything serious that should be seen by a vet?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is hard to tell from that pic, but could those be scabs? Does he scratch that area a lot? It could be fleas (yes, they do get on indoor only cats, and this year seems to be particularly bad, at least in parts of the US), or a newly developed environmental allergy. New litter, food, or other changes inside the household? Watch for scratching, and check other areas of his body as well to see if you find more.

If not scabs, it could be warts, moles, or other benign growths that are more common on cats than you might think. If you can get a clearer pic, you might consider sending it to your vet and see what they think.

Laurencecelia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I just noticed these brown spots on my cat's belly, I'm not really sure if they are new or they are there from a lot of time, I casually saw them just now. I tried to search for something similar online but I didn't find much informations, do you have any idea what it could be?
Cat is around 10 years old, he lives indoor, doesn't seems to feel any pain or discomfort if I touch the spots, could it be anything serious that should be seen by a vet?
Did you ever figure out what this is? My black cat has the same thing and I can’t find an answer. I’m not sure if I should take her to the vet quite yet. Any help?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The OP has not been back on this site since their post above, so I doubt you will get a response. How old is your cat? Does she spend time outside. Also, asking the same questions I asked the OP a year ago -

Does she scratch that area a lot? It could be fleas, or a newly developed environmental allergy. New litter, food, or other changes inside the household? Watch for scratching and check other areas of her body as well to see if you find more.

If not scabs, it could be warts, moles, or other benign growths that are more common on cats than you might think.

If you can get a clear pic, you might consider sending it to your vet and see what they think.

Laurencecelia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! She’s a year. She’s an inside cat. She doesn’t have fleas or mites. They are flat brownish marks on her belly and around two nipples on her lower belly. Maybe it’s allergies but she’s not itching. She cleans the area and that’s about it. Maybe it’s pigments but can never be too sure