Brown discharge after cystotomy

Samiam901

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My male cat Sebastian (6 years old) had a cystotomy 10 days ago. After 6 days, I noticed that there was some white discharge coming from his incision and brought him to the vet. The vet determined that there was a small infection and that his sutures would need to be redone because one side was tucked under the other meaning that one side of the suture would grown underneath the other rather than heal together properly. He was restitched that evening and given an antibiotic injection.

It’s been 4 days since the antibiotic injection and restitch and now there is an increasing amount of brown discharge (see photo) at the incision site. Should I be concerned?

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Contact the vet this morning. Continuing discharge is a problem. Ask if you can email photos, or if you should bring him in. I'm betting this will be an office visit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Samiam901

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! Thanks for your help! We’re brought him to the vet last night and they cleaned him up and let us know it was probably a mix of bruising and some discharge from the antibiotic shot. He’s home and doing well! Hoping to get to his stitch removal without another trip to the vet!