Brown and white tuxedo?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He could be. A brown and white tuxedo. :) He may have some Ancestor, perhaps an Oriental (old type). Brown isnt very common color among domestic cats.

ps... IF so, sis have the same Ancestor, but its not this visible... :)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Tuxedo is simply a description of the pattern and doesn't have anything to do with color. Any color cat can have a tuxedo pattern (white on chest and belly).

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I have two beautiful cats, brother and sister, Omen and Luna. Luna is black and white, Omen is brown and white. I’m wondering if he would also be described as a tuxedo cat? Even though he’s brown and white. Thanks so much! Here’s a pic for reference
Beautiful kitty 😻 I would say blk white bicolor tuxedo like pattern, tuxedos usually have more of the non white color/ pattern, especially around the shoulders- here are some links on bicolors. He does not look brown to me, he looks black and white.

My Merlin and Zena are tuxedos. They both have mittens and hipster boots 😀

80742A7D-9651-4610-B75A-B9C0657C0724.jpeg

D2AA5E05-EAD8-4008-948C-B4F33E605B73.jpeg

A Tribute to Tuxies and their 'Tuxitude' - The Purrington Post
7+ Bicolor Pattern Variations in Cats (and Why They Occur)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Tuxedo is simply a description of the pattern and doesn't have anything to do with color. Any color cat can have a tuxedo pattern (white on chest and belly).
I never knew that tuxedo could refer to any color of cat. Interesting! 👍

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black kitties can appear brown due to sunbathing, it makes their coats look brown. You can check the shafts to see if its black or brown. But most likely just sunbathed lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leahduffy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Leahduffy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Attachments

Leahduffy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Black kitties can appear brown due to sunbathing, it makes their coats look brown. You can check the shafts to see if its black or brown. But most likely just sunbathed lol
hi! Yeah I know what you mean, however the woman at found Omen said that he’s been like this since a kitten:)

Leahduffy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Beautiful kitty 😻 I would say blk white bicolor tuxedo like pattern, tuxedos usually have more of the non white color/ pattern, especially around the shoulders- here are some links on bicolors. He does not look brown to me, he looks black and white.

My Merlin and Zena are tuxedos. They both have mittens and hipster boots 😀

View attachment 419417
View attachment 419418

A Tribute to Tuxies and their 'Tuxitude' - The Purrington Post
7+ Bicolor Pattern Variations in Cats (and Why They Occur)
hi! Thanks for your help!I can assure you though he is definitely brown, maybe the picture doesn’t show it up so well. He’s medium/dark brown with little flecks of gold and ginger.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi! Thanks for your help!I can assure you though he is definitely brown, maybe the picture doesn’t show it up so well. He’s medium/dark brown with little flecks of gold and ginger.
Yes I can see that in the other pics 😁