brother sister mating?

alisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

So how old are yours then? Is the female showing any signs of being in heat yet?
My kittens are 3 months old. She hasnt been showing any signs...yet. But i keep a close eye on both of them. As soon as they start 'hinting', im making an appointment with the vet.

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alisa

Yeah my vet wont do it before 6 months and until they are a certain weight. thanks for the info. Now im totally afraid
Yes, it could be too late because you have a male and a female. Female could get pregnant before 6 months. Maybe you should look for another vet. My vet also didn't want to do it before 6 months, but I have two males, so there was no chance of them mating. LOL.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd talk to the vet and see what she recommends. If the vet recoomends aborting the kittens I'd listen to her and do it.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You had no choice but to have her spayed.
I got lucky...our vet suggested it would be best to wait until they were 6 mo. old. When my cats, a brother & sister, were about 5 3/4 mo. old, I spotted Dexter biting his sister Sadie, on the neck and attempting to mate. They both went right to the vet for their operations. Just in time......