Broken tail??

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of my 12 cats, 3 have the tips of their tales "broken". I've read that this is actually very common among cats due to the number of bones in their tails and the level of play they go thru as kittens.

I found our Stumpy kitty out back (about 6 weeks old then, 8 years old now) with half of his tail newly broken off. Called the vet on that one and his only concern was volume of blood.....he told me to put pressure on the tail and if it didn't stop bleeding, come on in and he would stitch it. Didn't know the kitten existed until something fell on him, cut his tail off, he started screaming, I found him, brought him in the house, snuggled up next to him and he immediately decided that the loss of his tail in exchange to a lifetime of lovin and snugglin was more than worth it.

None of the cats have ever been bothered by their tail maladies, but Stumpy's "stump" sure feels funny when we rubs it against your leg in the middle of the night......

Don't worry about it!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cindy is very active. When we first saw her at the shelter, she was climbing up the cage and fell into her water dish. Now that we've had the kittens for almost two months, Lucy is the sleepy-head, more apt to be caught falling asleep or yawning. Cindy is more awake, alert, and doesn't seem to sleep as much. She's also the first one to run to the door and seems to anticipate your movements. In this picture of the two (they love resting by the patio door), Cindy on the left, is sitting on that kinky tail. You can feel a definite bend or kink near the tip. In the previous picture, we were trying to get Cindy's attention before she jumped off the ladder. It's actually a short stepladder, but as soon as I placed it in the hallway after using it to close a vent, the kittens started exploring and climbing on it as if it was a piece of cat furniture.

katie bubela

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
me and my family just got a 6 week year old kitten from a friend that had the litter, about 3 of the kittens tips of there tails were flimsy or broken at the end and , they said ''that it happens sometimes when its there first litter and it SHOULD FALL OFF '' . if anyone knows more information if so please please wright back , 

catsiscats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Seriously, I joined this forum to reply to this post.

Lady, you are crazy.

"I feel like a failure" ?

"My other cat has a nice straight tail and Cindy's looks defective"

Honestly, get a grip.

If the cat's not in pain, who cares if she has a kink in her tail?

Be thankful you have an OTHERWISE PERFECTLY PERFECT CAT!

I think my cats kink looks like a tail periscope....