Broke My Heart...

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So i have posted about the pregnant stray I am caring for today.
Bsck story: I fees 2 strays: Moonie and Squeakers. Squeakers is the pregnant one. Moonie has never gotten close to me at all and I have not a clue what gender the cat is. Only thing I know is it is a Maine Coone and more than likely feral. Squeaks and Moon have been in close contact, will share food, ect.
Well tonight Moonie was here when I got squeakers in her cage. Shut the garage door, go eat dinner, then go to check on her and whay do I see??
Moonie is laying outside the garage door. Just staring at it! It broke my heart!! Like it knows her buddy is in there. And possible that Moonie is the father
Ugh, just wanted to share my story with other cat lovers lol! Should have gotten a picture!

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe keep an eye on moonie can it come in with the female? Bonded pairs can be tricky some can tolerate a short separation while others can't. So just be watchful over moonie. You might be able to use the female to build a bond with moonie. Thats what i did with squad and old man . But more recently Ally with Harley. Ally loves attention and Harley loves his Ally she drew him in closer they would share pets until she would walk off and he would stay.

Just today Andrea made big strides let me love on her at her request because ive let her see me with the other cats the good and the bad. She never allowed that at her foster homes before us. Its taking time but our feral boy is slowly coming around so give it time and use squeaks to help moonie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually tried this but had no luck. Moonie got close, but when id but my attention on Moonie it would retreat.
Another fear I have is the whole "male cats kill kittens" issue. With not knowing Moonie's gender, i fear if it is a male it will kill squeaks kittens.
Moonie left though shortly after I have it more food (Moonie always leaves but squeakers stays close). Another thing is this black cat (I'm assuming male) has been picking on squeakers and Moonie. Moo ie actually fought It off the other night. Wonder if it was to protect squeaks

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not all males will hurt kittens actually i think its very rare that they do although ive had a tomcat attack one of my grandma cats kitten that kitten was near maturity and male i think that it was more territorial fight then trying to kill star. 7 of my eight came from a abandoned colony with in a week of starting to pull from that colony we had six cats in our home two unaltered males and two females and the one female 4 wk old twins as we called ive had more trouble out of the girls then the boys. Granted we think ally and Harley are the parents of ace, Andrea and Ami, Sami but both Harley and Ace had no problems with Sierra who came from a barn and a totally different area. She two weeks younger then the twins Harley my biggest male is very sweet with every one worst thing in her mind he ever done is pin her for a bath lol

Just try talking with moonie don't try to pet it let it adjust to you then slowly add in trying to pet it. Ace is near feral we've had him almost a year and he won't allow us to pet him but he adore being talked to.

A female can be just as aggressive as a male if not more so. Moonie very likely did run the other cat off to not only protect squeaks but their food source

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for taking Squeakers inside. Thanks to you, her kittens will have a much better life than if they were born feral.

If Moonie is Squeakers friend, he probably wouldn't hurt the kittens. Do you know if Squeakers has had kittens before?