Bringing a new cat to our family!

boosmomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread so forgive me.

We came across an opportunity that we really couldn't pass up and that is to get a new car companion for our cat, Boo. Boo is a 1 year old and she is such a sweetheart. A very vocal cat but just wants you to love her. The cat we will be adopting will be a 6 month old girl named Missy. She is being spayed and is in need of a new home. We have been considering a companion for Boo but I'm just nervous. We will be getting this new girl on a Sunday and the next day we go back to our weekly work routine (usually 7-4 days). I'm just scared of how Boo and our new cat will do without our supervision. We will be swapping blankets with each cats scent to help them familiarize with each other's scents but what else can we do? This new cat is apparently friendly and playful. I just don't want there to be fighting and I don't want Boo to feel like she has been replaced. Thoughts, advice, good vibes are all welcomed! Thank you!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This is just the right place for your question.

Some cats do really well after a short time, but it extremely rare.

I really wouldn't be putting them together at all at first.. it needs to be done so slowly and patiently so that it doesn't end in tears..

This is our Ultimate Guide to Cat Introductions. 

The steps to introduce should help and of course if you have any questions, just ask!