Bright stool in cat

AiRdr0p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,
My kitten is 4 months old and today I've noticed bright-red blood in her stool. I haven't changed his main diet, but I started giving him some GimCat pastes (Skin, Taurine, Multivitamins, Growth, UT Balance, Digestion, Energy, Coat & Fur). Also, hee started developing diarheea. Can this be because of the quantity I give him? I thought these are safe products and work well togheter, but it seems it's a bit too much for him. Can there be any other cause? Also, do you have a suggestion on how to give these paste without my boy having diarheea and blood in stool?

Mygoodkitty

My_kitten_precious
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
My kitten is 4 months old and today I've noticed bright-red blood in her stool. I haven't changed his main diet, but I started giving him some GimCat pastes (Skin, Taurine, Multivitamins, Growth, UT Balance, Digestion, Energy, Coat & Fur). Also, hee started developing diarheea. Can this be because of the quantity I give him? I thought these are safe products and work well togheter, but it seems it's a bit too much for him. Can there be any other cause? Also, do you have a suggestion on how to give these paste without my boy having diarheea and blood in stool?
I think you are right you might be over doing the amount of vitamins for him, just me reading how much you give him made me a bit worried, my girls had blood in their stools when I was giving them to many treats, also a sudden change of food might effect him too, if you did do that, that could be the cause, I will try to help find what might be bothering him, hope this helps, I hope he gets better soon. God bless ❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AiRdr0p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think you are right you might be over doing the amount of vitamins for him, just me reading how much you give him made me a bit worried, my girls had blood in their stools when I was giving them to many treats, also a sudden change of food might effect him too, if you did do that, that could be the cause, I will try to help find what might be bothering him, hope this helps, I hope he gets better soon. God bless ❤
It may be this. I think that is the cause for his diarheea. He's my first animal. He eats a lot and he enjoys these products. I think this might be the case, an overdose. They say 6 cm of each paste per day on the label...it may be way too much for a kitten. I wasn't concerned about diarheea in the begging because it is not actual diarheea, the stool is not soft, neither hardened. The big cause of concern was the blood in stool. It is true that it's not much, it's like a very thin line of blood and also when I wiped his anus with a warm cloth to check if there's bleeding from the anus, there was blood on it, without poop. So it may be bleeding from his anus because of diarheea. I am taking him to the vet if blood doesn't go away in 2 days.

AiRdr0p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, right now, he's taking 11 supplements. It is a cumulated amount of 66 cm of paste per day. Should I split them in 3 different days?

Mygoodkitty

My_kitten_precious
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, right now, he's taking 11 supplements. It is a cumulated amount of 66 cm of paste per day. Should I split them in 3 different days?
Yes I think that might be a better solution for him, taking them all at once is kind of risky, also do any of them have a specific age recommendation? That might be part of the problem too, and also does he have any bloating, in his stomach? Because some parasites might cause that too, and if that’s the case then check out this link > Wet cat food to help with worms

Mygoodkitty

My_kitten_precious
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's my recent post, you can check it out if you are curious 👍 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AiRdr0p

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I think that might be a better solution for him, taking them all at once is kind of risky, also do any of them have a specific age recommendation? That might be part of the problem too, and also does he have any bloating, in his stomach? Because some parasites might cause that too, and if that’s the case then check out this link > Wet cat food to help with worms
Nope, no bloating. He's very active and playful. Just diarheea and this concerning blood. I will monitor his stools. Also, he has a very agressive style of playing. I bought him a toy mouse, it looks very realistic and he totally wants to kill him. He was playing with it today maybe for 2-3 hours.

Mygoodkitty

My_kitten_precious
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope, no bloating. He's very active and playful. Just diarheea and this concerning blood. I will monitor his stools. Also, he has a very agressive style of playing. I bought him a toy mouse, it looks very realistic and he totally wants to kill him. He was playing with it today maybe for 2-3 hours.
That’s good to know, like I said he might just be having to much stuff for one day, that’s probably the cause.