Bridge Thoughts

hisparadox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Although we now have three new kittens who run and play and love the way that Kittens do, The thoughts of My buddy Kira, a tuxedo male who I lost in october of 2007 continue to visit me from time to time

When those thoughts of my little buddy come to mind, I read through the rainbow bridge passage, and sometimes fall apart for a few seconds at the part where there is something missing in his life..

The new Kittens are very special to me, but I still take time to feel the loss of my buddy Kira.

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hissy that was absolutely beautiful and has helped me find some solace in this otherwise very depressing day. It is hard dealing with such strong emotions at one time, but I know I will get through it somehow.

Also, the Sept. 11 thing was beautiful too. Crying lots and lots now!!!

catman1964

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
AMEN!!!!! The first post I made here after I lost my Ashley, I could barely type for crying. It still hurts, and will for a while. But it helps to talk about it with those who understand. And that makes this forum essential for pet lovers like us.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, we can't thank you enough for that beautiful post.
 You should change your name to Purry.

If the author is known, why does it always say "author unknown" at the end?

I also like the 9/11/2001 story. It is a reminder the Rainbow Bridge poem does not apply to every cat and dog out there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for bringing this post up again, it's definitely timeless in it's impact. There are a lot of people who need comfort and kind words on this forum, we all know the guilt and overwhelming grief that can overcome us all, even when there is no blame or fault. Once again I pray for all of our sweet babies to live to a ripe old age and die peacefully in their sleep, for those that don't we need to be here to lend a compassionate ear and to offer a shoulder to cry on. The minute every living being is born they are destined to die, we just have to decide how we are spending the time in between, and how we are helping those we love spend theirs.  

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was one year ago today we said goodbye to our little 12 year old buddy, much too soon. It happened quick but it was very very hard to say goodbye. We think of him everyday and no one will ever compare to the love and joy he brought to our everyday life. RIP little man we love and miss you lots.