Brendan will be getting a Kitty!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just talked to Brendan. He told me that just before he left for work Cara called him to tell him that she was going to pick up the kitty from "the pound" after they left the beach. Apparently she was hoping Brendan would be there to see the kitty when she first brought it home. She honestly has no concept what-so-ever of the fact that she's been rude and no earthly idea that Brendan is sad about the whole thing. It almost made me cry just talking to him a moment ago (which could also be due to the PMS lol) listening to how disappointed he is about the whole thing. I told him you were all here rooting for him though.
Unfortunately though, it looks like he won't be getting his much planned on and anticipated kitty. We'll see what I can do about the situation tomorrow when I go over there.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I just talked to Brendan. He told me that just before he left for work Cara called him to tell him that she was going to pick up the kitty from "the pound" after they left the beach. Apparently she was hoping Brendan would be there to see the kitty when she first brought it home. She honestly has no concept what-so-ever of the fact that she's been rude and no earthly idea that Brendan is sad about the whole thing. It almost made me cry just talking to him a moment ago (which could also be due to the PMS lol) listening to how disappointed he is about the whole thing. I told him you were all here rooting for him though.
Unfortunately though, it looks like he won't be getting his much planned on and anticipated kitty. We'll see what I can do about the situation tomorrow when I go over there.
Well I guess he can befriend the new kitty, but again, it sounds like that girl was being selfish and flaky when she suddenly decided to get another one.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitten is now at Brendan's house. Already Brendan has had to step in to give it proper attention though. He said that when he got home this new kitten was just out in the living room with the kitten they already have (though they hadn't noticed each other yet) and so Brendan took the new kitty into Eric's room and shut her in there. She's JUST been fixed and everything so I couldn't believe Cara would just throw her in with the new one ESPECIALLY without being there to supervise their interactions! After Brendan put her in Eric's room he went to Cara and told her she needs to keep them separate for a while, and basically told her how to introduce them. Listen to how rude and immature she is: I was talking to Brendan on the phone late last night and Brendan says to Cara, "Well I'm not getting the cat I was planning on now since you've brought another one into the house." Cara's response, "You snooze, you lose!" That made me so angry hearing her say that! I wanted to scream at her that it's not "snoozing" to make sure that you're prepared for a new kitten and to make sure that everything is nice and settled for it. It's just called proper pet care! So, that's frustrating. But of course Brendan and I both will love the new kitten as if it were Brendan's since it's not the kitten's fault. Hopefully we can make up for any inattention she provides.

Brendan has told me that it's a cute little kitty. He described her as mostly gray with black stripes, and when I was talking to him I heard the little doll (apparently Cara has named it Tigerlily) give a tired little meow. Hopefully I'll get to meet it today.

Thanks for listening to the rant over the last day. Brendan's still pretty bummed and he said he's probably going to have a talk to her, simply because (like Amy said) a roommate who would spring something like this will probably be inconsiderate in other ways as well, and Brendan wants to make sure that she is aware that she was being rude. Looks like we won't be making anymore visits to Petsmart to see the rescue kitties for a while though, Brendan will probably get too bummed out.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg she is such a stupid little *uck!
has he talked to caras mother? and maybe report her to the cat society?

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Omg she is such a stupid little *uck!
has he talked to caras mother? and maybe report her to the cat society?
He hasn't really had the chance to talk to anyone about it. I'll be with him pretty much all day so we'll probably figure out what (if anything) he wants to do next.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that JERK!!!

If I was there and KNEW that IDIOT-

HOWEVER, I believe that things happen for a reason... Maybe this way, Brendan can somehow help this kitty OR somehow TRAIN Clare the IDIOT on how to take BETTER care of cats. Who knows- maybe later on if Clare moves out, she decides not to keep the cat(s) and Brendan can adopt them. I'm just throwing out possible endings for this situation..

Things work out somehow.. As of now, I think u're doing the right thing-
But of course Brendan and I both will love the new kitten as if it were Brendan's since it's not the kitten's fault. Hopefully we can make up for any inattention she provides.
HANG in there and keep us posted!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

Things work out somehow.. As of now, I think u're doing the right thing-
HANG in there and keep us posted!
Thanks Pamela! Brendan plans on really taking care of it as if it were actually his. Heopfully we can show her by example how to properly care for cats!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let you guys know that I met the kitty and she's very sweet. Cara told me that she took it to the vet today and it has ear mites, hopefully she'll take care of that properly. She also mentioned that she was going to bring her other kitten for an appointment but he got away. So now she has an appointment for him tomorrow. However she also added "I haven't brought him to the vet yet at all. I hope he's ok." My reaction:
This kitten is 7months old and has never been to the vet. That means that not only does it go outside without a collar, but it goes outside without a RABIES VACC!!!! I'm going to check with Brendan tomorrow night to make sure she actually gets it to the vet tomorrow or I'm taking the poor thing myself. If I had known that poor kitten hadn't even had its shots, I would have taken it a long time ago. Brendan and I will be keeping an eye on both of them though and giving them plenty of attention and care.

I'll be posting pics of both of her kittens later on in Fur Pics. She is a very sweet natured and pretty kitten.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pics are posted over in Fur pics. Go check em out. They're really cute! What's funny is that one of the guys hanging out over at their house tonight actually made the comment to Brendan, "Well at least someone here really cares about that cat."