breeding teacup cats

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yorkies are supposed to be that big??? I didn't know that (not that I researched all the dogs
)

But it would make sense for a 14 lbs yorkie to kill a rat rather then a 7 lb one - some rats would be bigger then the yorkie

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom has a Yorkie, run of the litter, she got him free because he was so small and had health problems.

he is about 3 1/2 pounds, and was born with hypoglycemia (sp?). He also was diagnosed with a liver shunt about two years ago. He takes daily medications for both conditions and still has to be hospitalized occasionally for seizures and other problems. He cannot climb the stairs by himself because he is so small and weak. He does however, have a very energetic personality and most of the time seems like a healthy dog.

They didn't purposely try to find a "tiny" dog, they just wanted a yorkie and fell for this one when they saw him because he was so small and sweet.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Sheba was alive many people who saw here said what a cute kitten and were surprised to learn of her real age. She wasn't so small in stature as much in weight (about 6# which was vet monitored). She was very healthy cat.
Bobber on the other hand is small in stature but a stocky cat due to breed (we think) being a 2nd gen American Bobtail. She was unable to have kittens however we don't know if size had anything to do with this.
I don't like the current fashion of designer pets as the pets will suffer in the long term.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Arlyn, you beat me to it - I also knew that Poms were originally bred down from sled dogs. That's why they act so tough
I do like Poms (think they are cute) but I wouldn't own one - too little for me. I had a cairn terrier - would have one again
My old vet used to have a cairn terrier called Betty
and I am so in love with her. She was beautiful but not only that very sweet as well.

Sorry off topic!

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those toy breeds have ridiculous health problems, even from a young age. My cousin got a toy chihuaha. Like those dogs weren't small enough?! The poor thing just sits there and shakes.

I jokingly said my cat could beat up her dog because it's 5 times the size. Another cousin asked how much the little dog weighed. "2 pounds", she says. My response "I was wrong. My cat's over 7 times that thing's size." We were going to refer to it as "the rat" until we realized that rats are bigger, too.