Breeding question

thecatprincess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 3 cats two males and a girl. There all related the boys from the same litter the girl the one before Ok try to stay with me. Sasha mother of all had a brother bear sashes dad was a full blooded simesse her brother bear looks totally different he has long hair and after looking at pictures of pure breads believe his father was a man coon. Sasha father got her pregnant and then came cataleana. Her next litter we don't know how many father's but we know bear was one if not the only one then came Tom and boo kitty. Tom looks just like his dad a brown stripped man coon with long hair boo has identical markings but is white and gray stripped with long hair. They both mated with cataleana and she is now pregnant. All this info was to build up to this question what is the likelihood she will have kittens With her simesse color and markings but the boys long hair?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry,  I dont want to analyse the exacts on what you wrote, and where there may come which genes.  I dont want, I just cant do it.

My only comment and advice, yes, my begging you, is you do spay them everyone as soon you can.  

If you want to get yourself a longhaired point, there are easier ways.  You can surely find someone at a shelter.  There is also an organisation for rescuing and rehoming of siameses and points.

ps.  If this full blodied siamese got a litter with both shorthaired and longhaired kittens, he cant be a full bloodied siamese. (=pure bred siamese with correct papers and decent bloddlines),

At very best he may be some outcross of siamese x balinese.   Such a outcross could still get him the right for counting as siamese, if the association approved this outcross

So as you see, there is no point of you even trying to  breed forward some sort of purebred.  You dont have anything of decent starting material.

Sorry to say that, but you dont have.

Last edited:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm sorry too. But from what you have wrote here about all the inbreeding.
My advise to is just to get them all spayed and neutered ASAP.

The only thing you are going to end up with is deformed sick unhealthy kittens from this amount of inbreeding.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thecatprincess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry if my post upset anyone my mom had lots of cats and lot of inbreeding took place and the kittens were all OK I wasn't aware they were in any danger and I had planned to get my 3 fixed after this litter the others weren't mine. I just wanted to let her have one litter because all 3 of them are such pretty and smart wonderful cats. And thought the kittens couldn't be anything less than great cats. Thanks for the advice

amber rvt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You can get some gorgeous siamese/Himalayan/ragdoll looking kittens/cats at a shelter. I know, I work at one and all my babies came from there. Here is my latest that was found in a drainpipe.