Breeding Pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by reddicequeen

still tring to figure out *her vision* i am supposed to be sharing???
Seems like the condensed version of her vision is : Pedigree breeders are bad, everyone should spray and nueter their cats except her because she's not really a breeder...... she's an artist creating a super moggie, while she rides the ego-train bragging about how many homeless cats she's rescued, non of which were ever bred by her of course.

This woman has to be a real rescue organization's worst nightmare.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
http://rareandexoticfelinereg.homest...breed_PPK.html
Am I missing something or is she picking cats with possibly dodgy genes and mixing them up to get something that looks like a dog? If you want a small dog get a sheltie or a papillon or a yorkie or something.
I have to admit I do kinda agree with her licence thing for breeders if it were properly done and not just a money making rip-off for the government, but she would'nt get one in a million years!
OMG I also just saw the Snow-Bob. Is it me or is it the most lazy creation of a breed ever?!
"Snow-Bobs may come from several already existing breeds which have their heritage or foundation in feral/domestic crosses. These include American Bobtails, American Lynx, Bengals, Chausies, Desert Lynx, Highland Lynx, Pixiebobs, and Savannahs...Cats from the above-listed breeds which display the snow, mink, or sepia colors may be registered as Snow-Bobs."
Am I reading this right

http://rareandexoticfelinereg.homest...breed_SNB.html

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHHHHHHH man - that is just plain asking for trouble - you have so many "wild" mixes in the bunch who know what will come out of it! She is insane! You can have LH/SH, polydactal, ears up or down............totally NO consistancy at all.........and she's trying to make it a BREED?

Where is her mind?

Jungle Lynx (delibrate breeding of bobcats, etc. with domestic), American Miniatures? Bramble (a wired hair cat like the dogs)? ohhh please it gets worse!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt

Not really. You asked why prices vary. Not only was your question answered a long time ago, but now you have specific examples.
I was joking...

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjrocco

I was joking...
Good, I hope you got an answer to your questions, and didn't feel as though any one was "hi-jacking" that is just the way the thread dirrection went, but because of the woman talked about and people like her, is just another example of the varying prices. BYB like her. And then you have responsable reputable breeders with EXCEPTIONAL cats, like "kai bangles" (which did recently change names, sorry, I forget the new cattery name
)
and they are much higher priced then the crappy cats you can get from crappy byb so you will get what you pay for. If you want great cats, you will pay more, you want cats that are questionable you won't pay as much.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cata_mint

http://rareandexoticfelinereg.homest...breed_PPK.html
Am I missing something or is she picking cats with possibly dodgy genes and mixing them up to get something that looks like a dog? If you want a small dog get a sheltie or a papillon or a yorkie or something.
I have to admit I do kinda agree with her licence thing for breeders if it were properly done and not just a money making rip-off for the government, but she would'nt get one in a million years!
OMG I also just saw the Snow-Bob. Is it me or is it the most lazy creation of a breed ever?!
"Snow-Bobs may come from several already existing breeds which have their heritage or foundation in feral/domestic crosses. These include American Bobtails, American Lynx, Bengals, Chausies, Desert Lynx, Highland Lynx, Pixiebobs, and Savannahs...Cats from the above-listed breeds which display the snow, mink, or sepia colors may be registered as Snow-Bobs."
Am I reading this right

http://rareandexoticfelinereg.homest...breed_SNB.html
Did you check out the entire site? There are a whole bunch of sketchy "breeds" listed there. Really it appears to be a site where BYB of, basically, moggies can "register" to give the appearance of legitimacy.

http://rareandexoticfelinereg.homestead.com/index.html

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Did you check out the entire site? There are a whole bunch of sketchy "breeds" listed there. Really it appears to be a site where BYB of, basically, moggies can "register" to give the appearance of legitimacy.

What a joke. What really burns me, is that some of those "new breeds" are using bengals to "strengthen their lines"

I'm not totally against new breeds, or against bengals being used. The toyger people use bengals all the time and they are actually making some headway with the breed.
But most of that site, looks like a BYB haven with a whole bunch of moggies.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

This woman has to be a real rescue organization's worst nightmare.
Ding ding ding!

Rescuers have enough to deal with as is, trying to get all of SHELTER cats spayed and neutered in much of the country. This woman just takes what we're doing and gives us a quite direct smack in the face.

If you want dog-like traits, get a dog. If you really want a cat who acts like a dog, go to the shelter and get to know the cats. I have at least one dog in a cat suit living with me and he was born feral. If you must have a purebred, there are breeds out there. Geez.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Oh I know, I just thought that most of them at least bothered to attempt to breed them before passing them off as a new breed, whereas with this one you could just have a 'snow' bengal cat and on a whim register it as a whole new breed.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread has gone WAY off topic. I haven't stepped in because I thought that all angles should be allowed to be brought up and discussed, but I can see that the OP's original question was answered long ago and now it has just become a thread about BYB's. I will close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.