Breeding Discussion

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doubt it's a common occurrence, but it can and does happen, most probably to be explained as redirected aggression - something to always be mindful of when dealing with entire boys.

Stud boys outdoors get plenty of attention and handling, it's a priority for most to keep their boys very happy. They are not simply put outdoors and forgotten.

Of course hormonal outburst are not just limited to the boys, I know of calling girls who get a bit toey with their owners and can bite, scratch etc.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have never been attacked, but I did see my stud go after another cat once. My sister's spayed, diabetic, cat was staying with me and she escaped the room I had her isolated in. She went downstairs with me in pursuit, but before I could get her, Tsekani saw her and he launched himself at the side of his cage. I have never seen a cat move that fast ever, and he was dead serious. He is the sweetest cat ever to people, and to Sohni, my male neuter, but he didn't like something about Rose. I was thinking maybe that because she was spayed and smelled wrong because of her diabetes.. Anyway, I agree that studs can be unpredictable, but I would never imagine that he would attack me.

My boy lives inside, but in a 10 by 12 foot cage with Sohni, and they are best friends. I let them both out whenever I can and they get attention daily.