breeders being harassed?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is absolutely ridiculous to harrass a responsible breeder. How else are there going to be distinct breeds, with all the irresponsible mating being allowed to happen?
I have never considered buying a pedigreed cat from a breeder, not because I have anything against them, but if someones else wants to, it is not my business. It is my choice to rescue, as it is someone else's choice to buy from a breeder.
I have had contact with and visited breeders with other people, and the ones I have seen have treated the kittens like children, and are always willing to take them back if the home does not work out. I do not understand how that could be considered bad or inhumane.
My daughter raises Chiuauas, and does not make much, if any profit. She does it because she loves the breed. Her female just had her second litter, and will now be retired to be an adored pet.
As long as breeding is done responsibly, and the females are not worn out from having litters every few months, great. I commend your dedication to preserving the breeds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's like saying "how dare you have children when there are so many children in foster homes out there" It's not the responsible parents that are to blame, it's the irresponsible ones who have thier children taken away that are to blame. I think there's just too much blame being put where it dosen't belong. If everyone was responsible like a responsible breeder there would be no unwanted kitties to worry about.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

*sigh* Oh, I would love to live in an area where the cats could have an outside enclosure ... but I think I would miss them being in the house. No, I KNOW I would miss them.

I can actually see light at the end of my mortgage tunnel (didn't fall victim to the lower rates trend of the recent past - mine was low enough that it wouldn't have saved me or reduced my rate by much) and when it is paid, I was thinking of doing a little remodeling/renovating.

I have a large window in my bedroom that could be easily removed and cut to fit a door. I was thinking of building a deck-like structure (only slightly off the ground - maybe a couple of inches only with pebbles and sand as a bed underneath) and build a screened-in room over it. Even the top would be screened, but would also have a weather-proof cover that could be stretched over to provide shade or keep out rain.

The Spring and Fall are lovely here in Virginia and a part of the summer too - but the Winters are too cold and the Dog-Days are too hot to use this room all year. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

~gf~
Winters here are mild but summers get really hot. I think the bengals will be alright though because they enjoy water and I plan on putting misters and plastic pools out for them all summer long. That's how we keep cool as well when were outside. Im outside all day in the summer because I ride my horses all summer.