Breeder References

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What registry was she affiliated with? Can you make a complaint with them?

Also, are you familiar with yahoo-lists? I'm sure there is a Maine Coon list and you could also post a complaint there.

Sorry to hear about what happened.

amfbrasil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is affiliated with TICA and CFA.
From Brazil, it is difficult to find a person in United States. We don't have access to the cadaster of addresses and phones of the USA`s citzens.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you will have a hard time. She seems to have done an unethical transaction with you, so she may trying to avoid you. I would try and find who she is registered with and see if they can help with any new addresses or emails? or try to file a complaint. Good luck, I hope you get your money back.

amfbrasil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think she is waiting her cat have another litter to order me a kitty. I think she doesn't want to return the money. That is why she is avoiding me. There is already a cat of her cattery here in Brazil, but, unhappily, I knew this only after pay her. The owners of this cat said me that they did wait for about six months to receive the cat.

amfbrasil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just want that she answer my mails!!!. I don't know what is happening!!! Why is she doing this!?!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a rip-off to me. You may have been scammed. How much money are you out. With her phone disconnected and her "moving", sounds like she's taken money and ran with it.

Not a good breeder in my opinion.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Tiff,

A lot of what you experienced in good breeders is like my oci breeder. I've gotten good comments about her and the cats. Also did a little research - in the past 5-10 yrs she has constantly placed Best or 2nd Best of Breed with her oci adults and kittens NATIONALLY. So the consistency is there. And I've done some researching on pedigrees - many of her cats are in others pedigrees too.
GK, I'm amazed that you haven't heard of Dotdotdot prior to your Oci research! The name comes out and has been coming out consistently since 2000! That's why I congratulated you on getting one from them! When I started to research seriously on the breeding of cats in general, one of the first cats I fell in love with was a dotdotdot! The toss up between Aby's and Oci's was so close (same size and temperament - just color differences!
)! In the end, Abys won since I saw a picture of my dream cat - Bastis Theenvelopeplease of Anubis - call name Envy!

I will, sooner or later, get me a Dotdotdot - I don't know when and I don't know how, but I WILL get me a Dotdotdot show neuter!!!!

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by amfbrasil

I just want that she answer my mails!!!. I don't know what is happening!!! Why is she doing this!?!
Have you contacted the cat associations she's involved with? I don't know how well this would work if she has already moved, but I'd send her a 'certified' letter in the mail. That way if you later have to take some legal action against her, then you will have some sort of paper trail. And if she has ever given you a receipt, contract, returned an email, I'd hold on to all of that.

Depending on how much money you are out of, and if you aren't able to work anything out with this woman any other way, you might have to take some type of legal action against her. There doesn't seem to be a lot of recourse for people who get taken by these types of breeders. I wish you the best.

amfbrasil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to thank you all for the orientations.
If somebody has some more information about this breeder,please, send me.
Thank you very much and...
...Merry Christmas from a hot Brazil.

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you purchased your cat through Paypal THEY will track her down for you. Paypal is great about making sure people follow through on their transactions. If they find that you have been scammed...they will withdraw the money directly from her account PROVIDED she has not closed it.