Breed?

secar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A year ago I put a picture of my baby Arya she ended up being what I consider a long hair cat. However her structure has become dense and heavy compared to her sister. (short hair dilute calico tabby) structure plus her long fur has made me wonder if she has main coon or some other longhair ancestory in her? Of course without paperwork she is a domestic longhair , but just curious on what you may think she has mixed with her. Below are a few photos of her to capture her fulffy self but of course can't capture her dense body structure.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She could have some Maine Coon influence, which would give her that muscular body and square face. She's pretty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

secar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Yes, I'm just looking to see if anyone can tell from photos. Her body is so much more dense than her sisters it's hard to explain really. You would have to honestly pick her up & feel her mass/size compared to her short haired sister. ''Tis rather intriguing though, my longhaired baby is such a sweetheart!!

Attachments

secar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Paw fluffs!! (Btw this picture along with the others was most recent at a few days ago June 27th (Thursday, June)

Attachments

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Grandious! Superb! She could get a job as a stand in for a Maine Coon any day of the year, as long as the role doesnt demand a tabby MCO...

You say sister. You mean, littermate or her "roomie", your other cat?

If the little one is biological sister, genes may fall differently in littermates, as long as they arent purebred but mixes.

secar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
StefanZ StefanZ Sorry not her actual sister but her "roomie"
Thanks for the replies everyone!