breed name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookievm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
can anyone help me i have a (foreign white, russain blue mix kitten) who is blue. what breed do i call it , siamese, oriental,russian blue, crossbreed,siamese mix etc ?.
thanks

cookievm

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's not a breed. It's a Domestic Shorthair, a crossbreed or a moggie, either name is good

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookievm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sol

It's not a breed. It's a Domestic Shorthair, a crossbreed or a moggie, either name is good
hmm breeder told me it was a siamese and it certainly has face eye and shape of one :/ but thanks anyway

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cookievm

hmm breeder told me it was a siamese and it certainly has face eye and shape of one :/ but thanks anyway
It should say on the kittens papers what the kitten is.

Bobbie

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Siamese cats have points. If you cat is a solid color, he/she is not siamese.
It's impossible to judge face, eye and shape because you didn't post any pictures.

cookievm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by elizwithcat

Siamese cats have points. If you cat is a solid color, he/she is not siamese.
It's impossible to judge face, eye and shape because you didn't post any pictures.
sorry couldn't figure out how to post a picture sorry new to this. And by the way its mum is a foreign white siamese and is completely white no points on her.

tailsoluv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what you mean by a Russian Blue mix. The mother may very well be a white Siamese (because in some European assocations white Orientals are referred to as white Siamese or Foreign Whites), but if you mention a Russian Blue mix, then this implies that the breeder bred her Foreign White to a Russian Blue. To my knowledge, this is not allowable anywhere and still allow for a resulting registerable animal. Therefore, it sounds as though the breeder has an oops litter because she apparently breeds both Foreign Whites and Russian Blues. Is this what you are saying?

Barb Amalfi

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A Siamese cannot be completely white with no points. That just does not occur. Siamese are IDed by their points and their blue eyes, amg other characteristics.

cozycats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

A Siamese cannot be completely white with no points. That just does not occur. Siamese are IDed by their points and their blue eyes, amg other characteristics.
Cyberkitten, according to:

http://www.messybeast.com/breeds.htm

You will see listed the definition of an "Albino Siamese", and that it is experimental and factual as to occuring.

(Experimental meaning: Early stages of development. Some have preliminary or provisional recognition, but others do not seek or achieve registry recognition)

Albino Siamese: Completely white Siamese type cat with bluish pink eyes (true "pink eyes" seem to be impossible due to the physical structure of a cat's eyes). This is true albinism (unpigmented eyes) as opposed to ordinary white colour.

Therefore, there are Albino Siamese, but I am not sure it is an acceptable standard by CFA or other associations. For you to say that a Siamese cannot be completely white with no points is false to the board without research.

I do not mean to be harsh or to offend; however, in the Market Place under my contest I have listed, you also stated several things about my contest that were derrogitory without first even researching the entire site, and I had to ask your post be removed.

It would be nice if you would please do research before having your opinion seem actually factual.

Rose

cookievm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Is this kitten from a registered breeder or a backyard breeder?
Hi and thanks for all the replies i guess he is a backyard breeder as i have no proper papers only details written on plain paper.
Mum was a Foreign White which i saw and dad was a Russian Blue. Kitten deffinatley is blue with greenish blue eyes and eyes, face, ears,body are siamese shape he is gorgeous

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi
can anyone help me i have a (foreign white, russain blue mix kitten) who is blue. what breed do i call it , siamese, oriental,russian blue, crossbreed,siamese mix etc ?.
thanks

cookievm
Unfortunately, There is but a few of us who actually know feline genetics really really well... I happen to not be one of them. In any case, no one can really answer your question properly without knowing what the background is of the parents, (as well as the parents themselves).... So, Your cat is mixed with whatever he looks like to you he's mixed with, sounds kinda harsh I know, but different people will see different things, so the best thing to do is go with your gut.

I am now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.