Breed mix thoughts?

Mom25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rescued from shelters 2 months old. He is 7 months old now, very long, one “human” kitty. Very attached to my daughter. Very long body, stands and opens lever doors in a second, he is already heavier than or 5 year old orange tabby mix, not very vocal but he does seem to like to use my daughters hands a chew toy. Little head compared to our tabby mix, pointy face and bigger pointy ears.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is long and lean, is smarter than average, (opening doors) AND is very vocal, with that long face and bigger ears he could have a lot of Oriental in him, like the Siamese. He reminds me a lot of my oriental mix breeds, although they also had the points and the blue eyes. (like the one in my avatar) But they were the 'clowns' of the family, making us laugh with their stubbornness and finding ways to create mischeif and their chatter. Every one of them endeared themselves to my heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mom25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your fast response! I hadn’t thought of that. His characteristics made me think possibly a little bengal or Savannah in him

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a classic marbled tabby, beautiful coloring. He could have a little of them in him, though the chances are small because those are really not known to be exceptionally common. Not as common as Siamese/Orientals anyway. There are genetic tests out there now for cats and dogs, my sister had it done for her dog and was very surprised at the info. Because there are no papers, your cat would be considered a black and grey tabby or domestic short hair, DSH. Look for the 'M' between his eyes on his forehead, a Tabby indicator.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's very handsome!

I would describe your cat as a brown classic tabby domestic shorthair. I'm not seeing a resemblance to Bengal, Savannah, or Oriental / Siamese in these pictures, so if he has ancestry from any of those breeds, he's hiding it well :)

Most cats are not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs; most cats are domestic cats without specific breed ancestry. This doesn't make them any less special, however -- domestic shorthairs are great cats!