Breathing worries

kitty79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, newbie here, who is a bit concerned about one of my kittens. Shes just under a year old, has started breathing very noisey and is very inactive for a kitten. She eats and eliminated fine, but is also sick quite a bit too. I thought it was hairballs, but im not so sure now.

When she miaows, its like she has a sore throat and struggles to do it. Im just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Im taking her to the vets this week, but i havent got a clue what it could be?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please if you can get her to a er vet now .... she may have an infection called a URI ... If not today then by tomarrow at the latest

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep I agree. If she's having trouble breathing, she needs a vet as soon as possible.

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That sounds like Lily when she had her bacterial upper respiratory infection (URI). She also sounded odd when she meowed or purred. She was really, really congested but the mucous was so thick that she didn't have any discharge at all.

Please get her to a vet ASAP. The sooner this is treated the better.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS...
you will find a lot of support here.

I would get your kitty to a vet ASAP.
Your kitty could have asthma, an infection in the lungs or it could even the a heart problem.
A correct diagnose before treatment is critical.

Please let us know what you find out.