Breathing problems - can't see vet until morning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, now I'm actually MAD at her vet's office!

She's been going to this same office for about 20 years, through staff changes, through different pets' life stages. They know her, and they know her animals. When she called them saying that Angel was having trouble breathing, the response was "If you have $150 you can bring her in." No concern for Angel's health. No concern for what it could be, or help they could offer without $$$$$$ coming first.
Last time she brought Angel in when she was having troubles breathing. All they did was prescribe an antibiotic. No tests, no concerns raised that it *might* be something more serious. I really can't believe that place! I'm also really encouraging Kim to check into my vet's office. They are much more compassionate than that, and last time I was in there they did allow payment plans for existing clients.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After 20 years???
Difficulty breathing is a real emergency.

That is terrible.

My vet, for long term clients, allows payments with an additional small monthly charge.
In January I will finally pay off Dexter's bill from his asthma attack...$900 total.
I really appreciate having the option to do that.

Angel probably needs a complete work-up to r/o heart issues and get a definitive diagnoses for asthma which is never easy to treat.
I hope that she does go see your vet.
Maybe if they know that you referred her they will take that into account and offer her some kind of payment plan.

I don't have a lot of money but I always pay my vet bill payments on time....
my babies lives depend on it.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My late Corkie had asthma and I could not wear perfume or have scented candle or anything with perfume in them or she would start coughing!

The ER in my town does the same. It is usually $80.00 to walk in the door but on a holiday it is Double!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes...ER's can be really expensive and they always want cash up front.
That is another reason for Heidi's friend to become established with a vet practice that offers a payment plan.

But...for emergencies, I keep a credit card with available credit, just in case.
I hope that I always have that to fall back on in an emergency.