Breaking his Cat tree

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I got this for him about an hour ago... He's only 6 months so he's still pretty small but he's already broken one of the sisal covers arms. They're just plastic poles, and fiancé tried to drill a hole and use a screw to reattach it but that didn't work. He tries to dangle from it and pull and climb it and I can see he'll manage to break them all before dinner and then never touch it again....
Has anyone found a way to reinforce these things or a way to keep kittens from breaking them?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like that is not a well made sturdy tree and perhaps you can return it to the store since you just bought it and already it has broken  Most of the large pet stores allow you to return anything at all, no questions asked, if it doesnt work for your animal.  (Petco, Pet Supermarket, PetSmart)

I have had good luck with all ARMARKAT cat furniture, and in a rescue, you need sturdy items because they are used by multiple cats.  Their prices are great, there are often coupons available, shipping is usually free, and they are also sold locally at WalMart, although they dont have the huge selection you can find online.  Simply Google "armarkat" and you will find anything you could possibly wish for!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
that does not sound like a sturdy tree. Can you return it? for either a full or partial refund?

I do not think you would be able to re-enforce it, if it was not well made to begin with...

It seems defective...

Good Luck...

Yes, cats need sturdy furniture...heavy, thick poles...